question about fsn (pro teams in tennessee)

BengalsFan24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
we recently moved to murfeesboro, tn and i have updated the account. we didnt "move" we actually relocated for real. after the updates, i lost my rsn networks and wound up getting fsn south and sports south. acording to directvs website for rsns i should be getting the predators for the nhl and the grizzles for the nba. but i never see them on. its usualy blacking out the hawks and the thrashers.

do i need to get the multi sport pack to get the grizzles and predators? and what about the reds when next baseball season comes around. will i need it then?

No Grizzlies preseason games are broadcast. Not sure about the Predators but you will also get them on local regional broadcast. You should also be getting the Braves games on regional. At least that seems to be the case here in Memphis.
Welcome to Tennessee!

No Grizzlies preseason games are broadcast. Not sure about the Predators but you will also get them on local regional broadcast. You should also be getting the Braves games on regional. At least that seems to be the case here in Memphis.
Welcome to Tennessee!

so does this mean that they will be on one of the alt channels if they are not on fsn south or sportsouth?

thanks for the info about the grizzlies. i am enjoying tennessee so far. everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

I wasn't sure, I can't see how checking the Direct TV website will help you with anything that Dish does or offers.

He is referring to this website: Local Regional Sports Network Information

By entering his zip code, it will tell him what teams are available (free of blackout) in his area and what channels they would be on. It is a Direct TV website but the blackout rules apply in the same manner regardless of your satellite carrier. For example, I can't watch the Diamondbacks in North Carolina (unless they are playing one of the four teams that are in my home area). He found out that he was in the area for the Grizzlies and Predators by using this site.

Cade

The Grizz are on the ALT channel. Just use the search feature.

Good call. It's where he'll find most of the games. I don't have FSN Ohio but because I am in the viewing territory for the Reds, I can watch every one of their games (provided they are broadcast on FSN and not something over-the-air) on one of the alternate channels.

Cade