Question about grounding outdoor antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shugo77

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 9, 2005
Heart of Dixie
I just installed a cm3018 antenna outside my house on my roof. I am concerned about it being properly grounded to protected against lightning, especially since I live in southern Alabama where we can have some pretty strong lightning storms during the summer months. :eek:

I have been able to find some resources on the net, but none have had any simple, easy to undertstand instructions for the do it youselfer, like myself. :confused:

Does anyone have any advice or know of any grounding kits I can purchase, Thanks in advance. :)

http://www.channelmaster.com/pdf/3014_20manual.pdf

From this it says:
The mast and transmission line should be grounded for lightning protection. Run a #8 (or larger), aluminum or copper wire from a bolt on the mast or its base, down to a 8’ ground rod. Keep the line at a respectable distance
from your transmission wire to prevent signal interference. A coaxial grounding block (Channel Master Model3274), should be connected to the antenna transmission wire at the point where it enters the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts