rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Today I noticed that I'm seeing the audio sync problem on our ABC and FOX HD LIL channels which as 720p, but not CBS and NBC which are 1080i. So I'm wondering if I'm just getting lucky today on the 1080i channels and that this problem is 720p related. So the question is for others that have the audio sync issue are you seeing it on both 1080i and 720p or only on 720p? Just curious.

I just got the H20 today (Philly area) and am initially pretty disappointed. The sound is nowhere near synced to the video on half of the HD locals.

Anyone know if this is something sporadic? Bad box? Gulp....normal?

crowe1130 said:
I just got the H20 today (Philly area) and am initially pretty disappointed. The sound is nowhere near synced to the video on half of the HD locals.
Anyone know if this is something sporadic? Bad box? Gulp....normal?

You should get a software upgrade soon. What version do you have?
Mine shipped with version 0160, now it has 0F03. It should clear up any
sync issues.

Chip

raoul5788 said:
You should get a software upgrade soon. What version do you have?
Mine shipped with version 0160, now it has 0F03. It should clear up any
sync issues.
Chip
True, an update is pending re: audio issues, but the 0f03 update was NOT for that, rather, it was for correcting (only) the "acquiring satellite" screen message "bug" that some folks saw.

Satmeister said:
True, an update is pending re: audio issues, but the 0f03 update was NOT for that, rather, it was for correcting (only) the "acquiring satellite" screen message "bug" that some folks saw.

Thanks for the correction.

Chip

It was pretty bad during Las Vegas last night. Not really a sync issue, but millisecond dropouts every second. DD lights stayed lit on the receiver, so it wasn't an issue between the H20 and the receiver.

I'm seeing audio sync issues on numerous HD channels, including ESPN. This problem goes beyond the HD locals, and has nothing to do with resolution settings. I've got four H-20's running. Two output to 1080i HDTV's, one to a 720p HDTV, and one to a traditional 480p TV. I've got the same audio synch problems on all four units.

I'm told that a software fix is in the works, but know nothing about the timing of such a fix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)