Question about HDMI

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
I purchased a sony kds-50a2000, about 2weeks ago. Have and it set up with componet wires since i got it. Friday nite I was at BJ's picked up a hdmi wire it was only $22 so I figured I would give it a try. For some reason now sometimes when I change the channel from a HD channel to a SD channel all I get is colored snow. The only way to reset it is to turn the tv or the cable box off. If I switch to the componet input it show the picture normal. Is it something with the box or something with the tv??

i think i read in the manual that you have to go through the hd set-up again with the hdmi cable plugged in. OR maybe its the tv rejecting the "cheap" cable and maybe require a high end cable; or its bad cable.

i think i read in the manual that you have to go through the hd set-up again with the hdmi cable plugged in. OR maybe its the tv rejecting the "cheap" cable and maybe require a high end cable; or its bad cable.

going thru the setting its set to hdmi/dvi. it doesnt happen all the time. They are belkin cables so I dont think it the cable.

See what happens if you press the # key when you experience this problem.

tried it nothing, only way to get the picture back when it does this is to turn the power off on the tv and turn it back.

i have the same tv and also experiencing problems with the hdmi hookup. i have a sa 8300hd aNd whenever i go from 720 to anything (meaning to 480i or 1080i )i get alot of flashing lines or pictures distortion before it changes resolution. also sometimes if i start a recording the pic will flicker continously until i restart playback. this is the second box i have tried. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

I posted this in the tv & projector forum as well, Gregg Lowen said to set the signal to fixed, so that it is not changing the format. since I have done this I havent had any problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)