Question about hopper remote

fishman316

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
michigan
I just wanted to confirm that the hopper remote is not capable of learning commands from a RF remote. My son has the roku stream stick which comes with a rf remote and was trying to get his hopper remote to control it. I told him I didnt think it was possible

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I just wanted to confirm that the hopper remote is not capable of learning commands from a RF remote. My son has the roku stream stick which comes with a rf remote and was trying to get his hopper remote to control it. I told him I didnt think it was possible

RF is a radio frequency the Hopper remote has a specific frequency to broadcast on, that would be the only frequency it could listen to and rebroadcast on. More than likely any other RF remote would operate on a different frequency so the Hopper remote couldn't talk to that product. Those RF frequencies are controlled by the FCC. Look at the back of your remote it probably has a FCC ID.

In fact, no universal remote can learn RF. Years ago I saw schematics where a guy built his own RF learning remote. But you probably don't want to do that.

Most RF Roku's work in IR mode as well. Not sure about the stick though.

The stick Roku is often placed behind the TV, so no Line of Sight for IR.
The Dish remote has a very strong IR, in that mode, so it can often bounce off walls.
The earlier Rokus used IR and need to be placed with a LOS and minimal glass, etc.
I am not not using the Dish-AMC Roku but have a stick That works thru a new TV.
Button presses are a little weak. Works great. -Ken

The stick Roku is often placed behind the TV, so no Line of Sight for IR.
The Dish remote has a very strong IR, in that mode, so it can often bounce off walls.
The earlier Rokus used IR and need to be placed with a LOS and minimal glass, etc.
I am not not using the Dish-AMC Roku but have a stick That works thru a new TV.
Button presses are a little weak. Works great. -Ken
I have the dish/amc roku in the bedroom and programmed to my dish remote. My son will just have to deal with the two remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts