Question about locals...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I guess I live outside the spotbeam as they are not avalible where I live (eastern NV). access?

I live on the southern edge of the same beam. Sometimes I get the local HD channels and sometimes I do not. A friend who lives in the same city gets them all the time. When on the edge of the beam DirecTV will say you do not get the local HD's but you may depending on your exact home location. I am not sure if weather or other factors has anything with the the inconsistent reception pattern.
Talk to a local installer,someone very familiar with the installations, and ask him if you will get the channels you are interested in.

I live on the southern edge of the same beam. Sometimes I get the local HD channels and sometimes I do not. A friend who lives in the same city gets them all the time. When on the edge of the beam DirecTV will say you do not get the local HD's but you may depending on your exact home location. I am not sure if weather or other factors has anything with the the inconsistent reception pattern.
Talk to a local installer,someone very familiar with the installations, and ask him if you will get the channels you are interested in.

Is there a way to find out if/who the local installer is? Both times I had E* set up, they sent someone up from Vegas.

Oh well, it looks like my options are either gonna be stay with the E*, or see if E* will sell me hd locals only (probly have to buy a box :( ) and sub to D* ( I may try that Vegas 'move' idea!).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)