Status
Please reply by conversation.

cal87

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Cutting Edge
Aug 3, 2005
Tracy, CA
I have a plasma with one DVI input. I currently have a HD DVR connected via the DVI input and a DVD player connected throught the component inputs. I want to get an upconverting DVD player. Is there an easy way to connect both devices without getting a separate receiver with multiple DVI/HDMI inputs? Is there some kind of simple switch?

I am going to get a second setup for my bedroom, and will likely have the same problem. I'm trying to keep a minimal setup - TV, satellite box, DVD player - no extra speakers or receivers.

Then I guess the suggestion of a Pioneer Elite 72 or 74 is out of the question then? (Or then denon 3806) They all do HDMI switching.

cal87 said:
Thanks, but is there anything cheaper?

I've got a Gefen... did a lot of searching, and didn't find anything cheaper.

But it works, has a remote, and it works with my Harmony remote. Most of all, I saw a big difference connecting the upscaling dvd player using dvi vs. component.

My TV has a VGA input as well. I know there are DVI to VGA adapters out there. How's the quality there?

cal87 said:
I want to get an upconverting DVD player.

I'm not sure about the switching, but you may want to wait a few months for the upscaling DVD. Value Electronics (a sponser for this site, can find their link on the top) has a shipment of the first HD-DVD's coming in March...and not only will it display HD DVD content but it will upconvert your existing DVD's. It's a couple $100 more, but its HD!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts