Question about My DMA's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
Im in the Plentywood area of Montana and I noticed the other day that Channel 2(which in the info it says Minot North Dakota) is there now and says something like: great news new locals are now available in your area call us at 1-800-such and such to make sure you have the latest equipment to receive these great new channels. The problem is I don't want them. I have grandfathered East & West nets in SD and West nets in HD. If I don't call to add them will I be left alone? Or will I find one day that the Dma's are gone? I would like to keep what I have and bring in the new Locals ota & keep them all.

Good question. I suspect that once your locals become available on DirecTV, your DNS service will be terminated regardless of whether you sign up. It might take some time before DirecTV catches it, but they most likely will eventually.

I could be in the same boat down the line with some of the networks. We don't have a full power NBC affiliate here, not do we have The CW. Maybe by the time DirecTV gets to our DMA (157) we will have them.

Greenville, SC NBC affiliate

If you call to get your actual locals, your DNS networks will disappear (thanks to the SHVERA issue). I know how you fell. I live in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC market. Unfortuately, federal law says you can't have the distant networks and your local-into-local networks at the same time (Thanks to the SHVERA issue), we have NO choice but to get local-into-local channels in the "served" areas. I've noticed that the local NBC affiliate (WYFF) does not show the 4th hour of "Today" (the hour Kathie Lee Gifford hosts). There are people being "denied" the availability to watch the Today Show's 4th hour in this area.

And I'm against H.R. 3570 (The Satellite Home Viewer Update and Extension Act of 2009) and I'm against S. 1670 (The Satellite TV Modernization Act of 2009), sorry about talking politics.

Most local commercials in the GSP market are in standard-def, and the local NBC and FOX affiliate ain't doing HD news as of yet. I wished I had the NYC/LA feeds of the four networks plus CW from DC and San Diego and PBS national feed. But unfortunately, it'll never happen. Thanks alot Congress and the NAB!!!

Last edited:
Don't do anything.. keep quiet....My locals came on a couple of months ago and I have just left everything the same and I still have east and west feeds. I did not add my locals because they suck and love having the choose for times and sports

If you call to get your actual locals, your DNS networks will disappear (thanks to the SHVERA issue). I know how you fell. I live in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC market. Unfortuately, federal law says you can't have the distant networks and your local-into-local networks at the same time (Thanks to the SHVERA issue), we have NO choice but to get local-into-local channels in the "served" areas. I've noticed that the local NBC affiliate (WYFF) does not show the 4th hour of "Today" (the hour Kathie Lee Gifford hosts). There are people being "denied" the availability to watch the Today Show's 4th hour in this area.

And I'm against H.R. 3570 (The Satellite Home Viewer Update and Extension Act of 2009) and I'm against S. 1670 (The Satellite TV Modernization Act of 2009), sorry about talking politics.

Most local commercials in the GSP market are in standard-def, and the local NBC and FOX affiliate ain't doing HD news as of yet. I wished I had the NYC/LA feeds of the four networks plus CW from DC and San Diego and PBS national feed. But unfortunately, it'll never happen. Thanks alot Congress and the NAB!!!

Not illegal and technically not impossible. With my AM21 I get 2 NBC's 2 CBS's, 2 ABC's, 2 FOX's, 2 MNT's, 2 CW's, 3 PBS's, an Ion, a religion channel, and an independent. Antennas are a beautiful thing. :p

Thats the plan. I won't call DirecTV I will just keep quiet and keep the dma's. I still don't know why the info says Minot, im not even in that state.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)