Question about Pansat 9200 HD S2 board

Status
Please reply by conversation.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
Hi guys, I've been reading all I can find regarding the add-on boards for this baby but can't find a definate answer and I want to be sure before attempting any mods.

I bought a used Pansat 9200 HD that has the Illuminati board in it and was wondering if I remove it will the unit still work and what functionality will it have without any kind of board in it?

I'm using it for true FTA and my terrestrial OTA reception. I've been using it with the board in it but it seems to cause a lot of problems so I'm hoping that I can remove it and try it. Additionally, if I need a board, I'll be in the market for a factory board (originally issued with the unit) if somebody knows where I can find a used one, (not the new +plus board).

All help is appreciated

You need to reflash the firmware with the latest from the factory and remove the board. The 9200HD should work fine without it. Finding an old version factory S2 board may not be entirely easy. Pansat has an offer to provide rebates for exchanging these for the new S2 plus boards. The plus board is a dramatic improvement over the older version, and I would not recommend investing in the previous generation S2 board.

Yeah, you can yank the Illuminati board out of there. It is not doing anything but taking up space. Mine had one in it to when I got mine. It is only meant for one thing, and that was pirating dish.
Taking it out won't help it run any better though (lock ups, running hot). It didn't for me anyway.

I ordered a DVB-S2 plus and put it in, and have been having a blast.

Thanks for the replies, I do have the latest factory firmware running and I went ahead and removed it yesterday for testing. The receiver is working just the same as before but I have noticed a bit improvement on channel changing, it still lags between satellites but switches fast within the same satellite channels.

The heat generated from the Illuminati board is gone, the unit is much cooler without the need of fans.

I'm sold on the new S2 plus board but times are tough for now, I guess it's time to start saving for the step-up to the new board.

I do have another question about the PVR funtionality, I'm using a Seagate 500 Gb HDD in an ESATA enclosure, the HDD is about 2/3 full to it's capacity leaving lots of room for more recordings but for some reason the firmware limits the recordings to only 200 recordings regardless of the large HDD capacity, does anybody know why this is and is there a solution to expanding the recording count to exceed 200?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)