Question about RF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgunckel

Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Greetings,

I'm new to both this forum and to satellite TV also. I've read about using an RF antenna in order to enable use of a remote control from another room, but I'm having difficulty with this.

I've got an RF antenna connected to an R-15 receiver, and I'm trying to use an RC-24 remote control from the adjoining room. The receiver is not right next to the wall. Could this be the problem? Or, does the R-15 not work with RF?

Maybe I should run a length of RF coax between the receiver and the adjoining room, and then connect the antenna to the coax, similar to this article:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/uhfextend.htm

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

-BG

You have to turn on the RF on the remote and marry it to the receiver, like so:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-6-1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
6. press SELECT

Thanks for the info guys. I'll be sure to finish setting up the remote/receiver for RF. The only gripe I have is with the lack of information in the DTV documentation. It seems to be geared for the technically challenged, as if they would never try to attempt such things.

marry it to the receiver...

You have to turn on the RF on the remote and marry it to the receiver, like so:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-6-1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
6. press SELECT
Sorry about not reporting this earlier, but this advice worked perfectly! Thanks a bunch.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellite to go being launched

HD and Local channel issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)