QUESTION ABOUT SATMEX5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wcalifas831

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
CALIFORNIA
Well since Galaxy18 @ 123W is no longer a viable bird to keep my dish pointed. I was thinking of moving it to get Sat Mex 5. The channel I want to get is the TELEUISA TIJUANA. My question is, anyone getting this channel with good reception around San Jose California? I'm in that area and wanted to know if anyone gets that channel with good reception? I appreciate the help if anyone gets this channel in my area.

Why not just move it over there and find out first hand. That's part of what this hobby is about. At least to some of us. I enjoy tinkering with my system as much as I watch it. Good luck and have fun.

I AM

I am going to tinker with it later in the week, but just wanted a heads up on how good the signal is on SatMex, always have to be ready to see what kind of a signal I will be messing with. Anyone watching TELEVISA TIJUANA?

Well since Galaxy18 @ 123W is no longer a viable bird to keep my dish pointed. I was thinking of moving it to get Sat Mex 5. The channel I want to get is the TELEUISA TIJUANA. My question is, anyone getting this channel with good reception around San Jose California? I'm in that area and wanted to know if anyone gets that channel with good reception? I appreciate the help if anyone gets this channel in my area.

I'm getting a LOT of stuff off of SatMex5.

Here in Albuquerque, NM, all the stations on Satmex-5 are in upper 70's to 100 % signal strength.:)

Once in a awhile, you might get a Mexican baseball backhaul feeds and it's a neat bird to look at.

Satmex is much stronger the farther south you go. Here in Minnesota I can barely get anything with a 30" or a 36" dish. The 6 footer helps a little bit

NO LUCK WITH 116.8

I was trying to aim my dish to get satmex 5 with no luck. Anyone in northern california able to get this bird? I've been trying and trying, tweaking the skew, elevation and azimuth with no luck. I'm close to San Jose, anyone with any luck on this bird in Northern California?

I was trying to aim my dish to get satmex 5 with no luck. Anyone in northern california able to get this bird? I've been trying and trying, tweaking the skew, elevation and azimuth with no luck. I'm close to San Jose, anyone with any luck on this bird in Northern California?

Try first BYU tp 12174 H 3935... because low SR 1562 on Teleuisa make dificult to appear quality on major receivers...;)

Never seeing quality bar coloring gradually, higher 70% or nothing:p

Well as mentioned here, in Socal you can get it with no problem. But just to let ya know in case you were wondering, this Televisa Tijuana is not like the one from Mexico City (Canal 2 de las Estrellas). In fact, they show diffrent programming most of the time and it has nothing to do with the different time zones either.

So when you find it yourself, you wont be surprised in case you thought it was just like Canal 2.

BTW: If you are still having an issue getting this channel, try it with a much larger dish like 100cm or even the 1.2m.

Here is the link from their programming schedule so you can see the difference in Tijuana canal 12 and Canal 2 Mexico City. Even their famous NOVELAS are completely different from both channels.

http://www.xewt12.com/esp/programacion_esp.html

Teleuisa T issues

It's OK.. nothing to brag about.

I have problems with inicial audio after reset, always I must to select right audio with remote.... Somebody knows how can I correct that behavior?:confused:

Pansat2700 and 3500, Captive, Coolsat5000 no audio after blind scan or reset...:mad:

Well as mentioned here, in Socal you can get it with no problem. But just to let ya know in case you were wondering, this Televisa Tijuana is not like the one from Mexico City (Canal 2 de las Estrellas). In fact, they show diffrent programming most of the time and it has nothing to do with the different time zones either.

So when you find it yourself, you wont be surprised in case you thought it was just like Canal 2.

BTW: If you are still having an issue getting this channel, try it with a much larger dish like 100cm or even the 1.2m.

Here is the link from their programming schedule so you can see the difference in Tijuana canal 12 and Canal 2 Mexico City. Even their famous NOVELAS are completely different from both channels.

http://www.xewt12.com/esp/programacion_esp.html

Excelent info, thanks... have you the "programacion" for "canal de las estrellas"?:)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts