Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I have a SonicView HD-8000 as my primary receiver and this has now happened twice.

I'm in Channel Edit mode which gives you a smaller view of whatever is on TV- - - It also lets you delete and rename channels.

When you hit Exit - - - if you have made changes - - it asks if you want to save the changes. I say Yes.

The STB says "please wait" for few seconds and then it goes to full screen.

Twice now it never stops saying "please wait" and I have to turn it off in the back.

Has anyone seen this problem with an SV-HD8000 before?

One more thing

I should have said - - - this causes a continuous reboot issue.

I had to hold in the menu button while it booted up and do a factory reset - - - which of course makes me loss everything and I have to setup everything again.

Thus, this is not a trival bug - - - - at least in my mind.

When new firmware bins are released by any STB supplier, they often incorporate some bug fixes among other (non)-popular things. I guess, "buginess" level depends on the version you use. Some posters argued in SV 8000 HD Review thread here, there is a lot in common btw "factory" and other bins out there, if any available.

Using firmware v443

I should have said I'm using firmware version 443 dated 25 MAR 2009.

I have not tried the one currently posted on the SonicView web page.

This happened a third time - more information

Yesterday this happened for a third time and I think I know how to avoid it in the future (maybe)

If you are in Channel Edit mode with the preview window of the channel in the upper right hand corner and the channel is 720p or 1080i - - sometime but not always the STB has trouble going back to full screen. If the preview is 480, I have never seen it have trouble. Thus if you just change to a 480 channel before coming out of Channel Edit mode you should be OK.

Another thing I noticed is that after you have the problem and have to turn off the STB and back on you alway have something like 1876 channels and all the channel numbers are 000.

Anyone else ever seen this behavior?

I've never seen this behavior with SV 8000 HD. It updates files slowly but surely on the memory chip. To eliminate suspicion of possible intermittent problem with hardware like Memory Controller, just load the latest bin you can find, and try again. If the problem goes away, keep this release for watching clear FTA channels.

I've seen another issue: the STB hangs at times and then reboots after adding a new channel PIDs manually and exiting from Add Channel popup menu, but this is firmware bug for sure. But some similarity exists with your issue. SW also writes to memory at dish and motor setup, and after rescanning a sat, so if you didn't have any issues doing that (unless you didn't do it often enough for the problem to show up), it looks like a firmware bug too.

Nice potato though. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts