Question about the AM21 Off-Air Tuner...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I noticed on my OTA channels on my AM21 that whenever a new show appears on the half-hour interval, the screen goes black for like a fraction of a second. Is that normal? Just curious.

I noticed on my OTA channels on my AM21 that whenever a new show appears on the half-hour interval, the screen goes black for like a fraction of a second. Is that normal? Just curious.

Mine does that. It sttarted with the CE that gave us S/E info for me.

Not normal but others have reported it also. Might be a resolution/HDMI glitch.

Just switched my AM21 to an HR44 from an HR24. I noticed by accident that every time there is a program change in the guide the AM21 channels will black out the channel for a split second. Most of them come right back, but I noticed 2 channels, I have to switch to a different channel and go back, to get the programming to come back. Another thing that happens is, if you just happen to change channels on the DVR at this split second when the channel blacks out, all channels go black and you have to reboot the DVR. This never happened on the HR24 and must have something to do with the guide interface and the AM21 on the HR44. It doesn't seem to affect recordings on any AM21 channel, even the 2 I have that black out and don't return without a channel change. They all record properly. My HR44 does reboot itself every 24-36 hours and I don't know if this problem cause's that or not. I have an HR44-500, I don't know if the manufacturer of the HR44 matters in this. Not a big problem, if you understand it. But then again, we already have enough "bugs" in D* equipment and hope for better things ahead.

Just switched my AM21 to an HR44 from an HR24. I noticed by accident that every time there is a program change in the guide the AM21 channels will black out the channel for a split second. Most of them come right back, but I noticed 2 channels, I have to switch to a different channel and go back, to get the programming to come back. Another thing that happens is, if you just happen to change channels on the DVR at this split second when the channel blacks out, all channels go black and you have to reboot the DVR. This never happened on the HR24 and must have something to do with the guide interface and the AM21 on the HR44. It doesn't seem to affect recordings on any AM21 channel, even the 2 I have that black out and don't return without a channel change. They all record properly. My HR44 does reboot itself every 24-36 hours and I don't know if this problem cause's that or not. I have an HR44-500, I don't know if the manufacturer of the HR44 matters in this. Not a big problem, if you understand it. But then again, we already have enough "bugs" in D* equipment and hope for better things ahead.

I have the same issue - One of my channels will black out and not come back (WFFF Fox 44) but all of the others do. Very annoying during their 10pm news because they list it as two-half hour programs but it isn't presented that way, so it interrupts the weather, which is the main reason I am watching. (I am old-fashioned and prefer weather on TV over apps or Internet.)

I have also noticed that if I am watching something from the DVR list and type in a certain channel (WPTZ 5-1 or 5-2 and my forced 5-3), it will display the "Searching for signal" message. I must then change to a Directv channel and back to 5-1 to get it back. Sometimes, if I power off the HR44 while it's on any of the WPTZ stations, it will show "Searching for signal" when it is first turned back on. WPTZ will always come back if I change the channels fast enough, but if I don't, nothing (including Directv satellite channels) works and I have to RBR. All my of my locals on the AM21 are strong enough that I should never see "searching for signal" message.

Another thing that is odd that I noticed, is. If you're watching live TV on an AM21 channel, you can notice the split second blackout on the Hour/half hour when the guide changes. If you go to your DVR buffer and go back over the hour/half hour change you don't see the temporary blackout.

Another thing that is odd that I noticed, is. If you're watching live TV on an AM21 channel, you can notice the split second blackout on the Hour/half hour when the guide changes. If you go to your DVR buffer and go back over the hour/half hour change you don't see the temporary blackout.

Good to know, I will definitely use that. Doesn't help with the ones that don't come back, I assume...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)