question about the new c band lnbs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamestheman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Dallas,Texas
okay, i used to have a 8 foot c band dish with a polarator and old c band lnb.
my question is this, if i buy the new c/ku combo lnb will it still catch analog or just digital signals?

I still have some analog c band receivers and was thinking of using one to catch some old analog I used to watch a while back, I really enjoyed galaxy 26. Lots of morning feeds.

Is there still any good analog feeds going?

A c/ku feed with quality lnb's is the best way to go, now if you are talking about a c/ku-lnbf they work ok not what I would use but many here seem to be happy with them.

There really isn't a digital or analog lnb. One that is advertised as a digital ready just means it has a low enough noise ratio to get digital signals, it will still get analog signals as well. There are old lnbs that do have a low enough noise ratio to get digital although they were made before digital was being used. Digital needs a low enough noise ratio to keep the data from being corupted enough so the receiver can still decode the data and display as a picture. Analog will just get a snowy picture if it picks up too much noise.

A lot of people haven't been happy with the c/ku lnbfs as they seem hard to fine tune to get both bands at the same time. When fine tuned for best c band signal ku is very low and when fine tuned for ku band the c band suffers.

If you want a good C-Band (only C-Band, no Ku), voltage-controlled, dual output LNBF, SatelliteAV has this deal for members of the forum. Its hard to pass up :)

Last edited:
agreed. I've owned the Geosat dual and it works great
Too bad it dies when the dish fell on it :(

(thats why I bought 3 of them in the special....maybe more)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts