Question about the Switch Check results?

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
I have two DPP44 switchs. Upon running Switch Check under Point Dish, I have noticed that one satellite (61.5) are showing "Dual" for all the receivers from the first switch, and "Feed" on receivers attached to second switch. I have see no difference as far as the reception from all the receivers. All other three satellites (110,119,118) are showing the same results for both switchs attached receivers.

What the difference in technical between "Dual" and "Feed"? and what is causing they showed in different results?

Thanks in advance.

Dual refers to the type of lnb you have pointed at 61.5. Feed is used probably due to the second switch not reading the lnb's through the first switch. It does not matter as far as the switches receiving the signals and passing them on.

Yes. There is a Diseqc Command sent out to see what type of devices are connected. When devices are cascaded or in a distrbuition system, there are too many delays and the delays for the command are not long enough to wait for a response. Don't want to hold the user up.

Nothing to worry about.

Feed indicates that the signal is coming in, but the receiver can not control the LNB. Technically it doesn't matter as long as the switches have the LNBs mapped out correctly. With DP, you don't need to control a dual or single LNB at all since it looks at one satellite and has no polarity switching.

you have enough power yet?

Are you using a power adapter to provide extra juice to the 2 dpp44 switches? Make sure it's running smooth with the power demand. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts