Question about two-system setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Perkeo

Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
NJ
Hi,

I currently have DirecTV (for the NFL Sunday Ticket) but want to add a Dish Network setup to get some of their foreign programming. I thought I could get a Dish satellite dish installed and wired, along with their receiver, and then plug that into one of my free coax/HDMI ports on the back of my TV. Then if I wanted to switch between the two, all I'd really have to do is change the TV input via my remote.

However when I contacted Dish customer service via the chat option, they told me I would need to physically change the cable input each time I wanted to switch between the two services. When I asked why my describe setup wouldn't work, they said "You can also try that. However, I cannot guarantee that it will work since there might be a conflict with the 2 services."

Can someone confirm that statement? It may be completely true but I don't understand it. Wouldn't it be just like switching from my DirecTV input, to my DVD input, to my PS3 input...

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

I currently have DirecTV (for the NFL Sunday Ticket) but want to add a Dish Network setup to get some of their foreign programming. I thought I could get a Dish satellite dish installed and wired, along with their receiver, and then plug that into one of my free coax/HDMI ports on the back of my TV. Then if I wanted to switch between the two, all I'd really have to do is change the TV input via my remote.

However when I contacted Dish customer service via the chat option, they told me I would need to physically change the cable input each time I wanted to switch between the two services. When I asked why my describe setup wouldn't work, they said "You can also try that. However, I cannot guarantee that it will work since there might be a conflict with the 2 services."

Can someone confirm that statement? It may be completely true but I don't understand it. Wouldn't it be just like switching from my DirecTV input, to my DVD input, to my PS3 input...

Thanks for the help.

There should be no issues at all.One port for dish one for dtv.

Whoever you spoke with obviously didn't understand what you were trying to do. You can easily connect both services to the TV provided they are on different inputs. On input is Direct and the other is Dish. It'll work just fine.

Thanks both. I was using their online help on a Sunday afternoon, so I suspect there was a language issue involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)