Question about upcoming Hopper install on Tuesday.

BrownHound

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2004
Amherst, VA
Right now, I really have 4 tvs that I use on a regular basis. In my basement, i did one side with a home theater, and the other side has a old HD plasma by the bar i put in. That TV normally just mirrors (by a split off coax) what is on the main TV in the basement, but that box is a dual tuner, so I can have them set up to watch different programming, but i bet that is only used a few times a year.

The 2 TVs on the 2nd floor are set up where they have to watch the same thing (mirrored by the Dish Tech at last install). - This is a bit of a pain...

When i set up the appt, I was planning on just getting 1 H and 3 J where I would just watch on the 4 primary TVs and the one in the basement would just have to mirror the primary TV. The sales guy told me I really should just do a 2H 3J set up and have live TV on all 5. It is only 100 more to set up, but am wondering if there are other pros/cons about the 2H set up vs a 1H set up that I should consider.

Any thoughts people can give will be appreciated.... Thanks!

I would agree, if the tv's are used on a regular basis, to avoid any tuner conflicts I would do two hoppers, as I did with my three tv set up

Ok, I think I understand, if all 4 of us are in a different room watching a different show, with 1 Hopper that is not possible, because they each max out at 3.. That is exactly what I needed to know, thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)