Question About Whole Home w/conection kit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

downthedoor

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Currently I have a H23 connected to whole home. I was wondering if I can buy a switch and use the networking cable coming off the deca to feed the switch so I can connect other devices to the Internet around my H23 without running more cat5. Will this work? I understand that it may cause performance issues when using the MRV, but I prolly won't be using both at the same time anyway. Finally, what is the capacity limit for MRV only connection--is it 100mbps, or does sharing the coax with the sat feed reduce this.

downthedoor said:
Currently I have a H23 connected to whole home. I was wondering if I can buy a switch and use the networking cable coming off the deca to feed the switch so I can connect other devices to the Internet around my H23 without running more cat5. Will this work? I understand that it may cause performance issues when using the MRV, but I prolly won't be using both at the same time anyway. Finally, what is the capacity limit for MRV only connection--is it 100mbps, or does sharing the coax with the sat feed reduce this.

Any takers? I really only care about the first question. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts