Question for all those with the NY locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Imp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Central New Jersey
I saw the thread about us losing some of our local HD feeds next month, but I don't think what I'm about to ask has to do with that.

For the past week or so my NY HD locals have been cutting out roughly between midnight and 1 am. Sometimes it's just a few of them, sometimes it's all of them. Sometimes I will just get a blank screen and other times there will be a message on screen saying there is a problem that they are aware of and that they are working on it. This happens on both HD feeds, but when I activate my SD locals, they work fine.

I'm just curious if anyone else has been experiencing this problem. I called customer service and they had no clue what was going on (that's always reassuring).

yea i get this on channel 11 in ny at about 2:00am alot....kills my dvring of "the odd couple" alot....ive seen other people mentioning this "blacking out" happening to them in other threads as well.

I get the DNS NYC stations and I have noticed that WCBS (80) and WNBC (82) do this, starts about 11:40ish. I've been recording the late night talk shows and on playback there is the problem screen. Since those shows aren't in HD, I'm now recording the SD versions from 380 amd 382.

I suspect that DirecTV is doing some testing at this time.

It has been doing it off and on for several weeks now.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)