Question For D* Customers in the Rockford IL Area

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hey guys... I was browsing my acct and stumbled across this little notice...
"We will soon be changing how we broadcast local channels in your zip code. This may require a free upgrade to your DIRECTV equipment. To find out if you qualify for an upgrade, call 1-888-763-7772. Mention "Free 72 Local Swap" at the voice prompt." Since the whole concept of D* is still very new to me will this apply to me... My setup is a Slimline dish and I currently get my local channels so does that mean I will have to get another dish or was this something that has already took place... Kinda curious... CC

Sounds like IF your locals currently come from the 72.5 slot, that they are moving to either the 99 or 103 location.

Since you already have a slimline dish (& I assume you do NOT have a smaller 2nd dish) then you do NOT have to do anything...the swap is only for people that have 2 separate 18" dishes

Thanks Rich... I do have a Slimline dish so from the sounds of it I am good to go... Thanks for the response... CC

originally there were some markets where local channels required a 2nd dish at 72.5
Directv had been moving all of them to 99/103 and MPEG4. The folks who have had D* for a while need new equipment

On the positive side, since your market is one of those if you need additional receivers you pay the SD receiver price but you get HD receivers instead (MPEG4 locals only work with the HD receivers)...so as example the SD DVR is 100 bucks and the HD DVR is 200. You'd only pay 100 but get the HD DVR. Stonecold has mentioned this a few times before :)

They should give us all that deal. I don't understand how these pizza providers can have you pay $100 or more for leased equipment. Leased should be you pay a monthly fee and thats it. Also the boxes should have a lifetime warranty as long as you lease. Thats the way cable was back in the day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)