Question for DIRT - adding 2nd reciever

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Question for DIRT (or anyone else that knows, actually)

Right now, I have 1x 722 on the everything package.

I want to get a 2nd for my Slingbox to dedicate to it, but I don't want to enter a new contract with Hopper right around the corner (I will definitely be upgrading to that).

I'm looking to do 1 of the following scenarios:

1) Add SD solo receiver, and purchase Sling adapter for 722. This will allow me to move my current Sling to the new SD box and have 2 boxes, 2 sling players.
2) Add SD solo receiver, move current Sling box to it.

What am I looking at cost wise for the SD receiver, and if I go that way, the sling adapter for my 722? Is there a way to do this without a contract extension for a few months and then replace everything with Hopper/Joey when it comes out?

Thanks!

if you go SD receiver you'll have to have an actual slingbox from sling....the sling adapter from dish won't work with any of their SD receivers. Sounds like you already have this. Dish 311 would work and you can buy them cheap on ebay, just make sure it's balance-free and not leased before you buy.

I have several receivers on my account and I use a Slingbox Pro on a VIP211 connected via RCA cables. It works well for me and the slingbox pro was cheap.

Right, I know the Sling adapter doesn't work on the SD. I was thinking of getting it for my 722 to replace the standalone slingbox I currently have that would go to the new SD receiver, so I'd have the following setup:
1) 722 with Dish Sling adapter
2) 311 with old Slingbox A/V

The 2nd solo/non DVR box should add $5 monthly, correct?

Does the Dish Sling adapter work with all of their new devices they are supporting? The AV and older Slingboxes don't work with the newer device software (Android, etc). Also, does it stream in HD? Trying to decide between doing this or purchasing a 2nd Sling HD PRO box.

The other part I haven't considered yet is wiring. Right now I have a Dish 1000, my line comes in on a single coax and then uses the separator to split to 2 inputs for the 722. How do I go about adding the new box? It can go in the same location as my current, if that makes it easier.

Thanks for the help so far.

Right, I know the Sling adapter doesn't work on the SD. I was thinking of getting it for my 722 to replace the standalone slingbox I currently have that would go to the new SD receiver, so I'd have the following setup:
1) 722 with Dish Sling adapter
2) 311 with old Slingbox A/V

The 2nd solo/non DVR box should add $5 monthly, correct?

Does the Dish Sling adapter work with all of their new devices they are supporting? The AV and older Slingboxes don't work with the newer device software (Android, etc). Also, does it stream in HD? Trying to decide between doing this or purchasing a 2nd Sling HD PRO box.

The other part I haven't considered yet is wiring. Right now I have a Dish 1000, my line comes in on a single coax and then uses the separator to split to 2 inputs for the 722. How do I go about adding the new box? It can go in the same location as my current, if that makes it easier.

Thanks for the help so far.

this is what i did. Got the Sling Adapter for the 722 and moved the Slingbox Pro HD to the 211k

use dishonline APP + slingplayer APP on android and IOS devices.

Use Slingplayer and Dishonline.com on the desktop.

Get a 211k as additional receiver fees start @ $7 (pay same for 301 & 211k)

You will need to bring in another coax line from the dish for the new box.

You won't be able to mix receivers on one account. Hopper/Joey won't be allowed on the same account as ViP receivers. You want to have an extra receiver for only a month or two.

Correct, this is only a temporary solution until Hopper/Joey is available. Once that is available, I'll have everything replaced with that system exclusively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)