Question for Mastec Installation Technicians

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does anyone have any good things to say about Mastec? I was offered a position and I have read nothing but bad things about the company. Any suggestions on good companies to work for in this field?

Rookie.

The list is short.

I have never found a post on any sat / cable chat site that read anything like,"We (I) am sorry for the confusion. If things are as stated on this post I will fix it by the end of business tomorrow....signed.......

(suite good guy)

MASTEC is a large national company and the satellite end of their business may be a dumping ground for executives, wannabes and failed climbers in their real corporate world. Probably they are making money from the satellite work, but the dishonest, stupid things their low level branch managers try to pull must be an embarrassment to the top guys.

Every week your check clears just ask if it was worth it to you.

Joe

Last edited:
Hey guys, Final update??

Sooooo....Good news! My husband just called and said he received a call from the head of HR. Apparently, husband's supervisor was in a conference call with head of HR and VP of Mastec. The two execs asked the supervisor what was going on and why my husband was not promoted sooner....The response? Well nothing....Supervisor said my husband was a great technician, did all of his work, has never been in trouble ect. So, VP and head of HR tell supervisor that they are going to back pay him for three months of pay for being a regular technician! This could mean hundreds of dollars for us, possibly even thousands! :) So there, now I have something good to say about Mastec. If you get in touch with the right people, things will work out okay in the end. I still can't believe it! Still haven't gotten the latest issue resolved, but I am sure that will be fixed as well. Looking forward to that hefty paycheck!

K514vh2, don't count your money until the check clears. Just another case of "lie to the tech, get him to do more jobs." I'm still waiting for full tech pay myself. As well as pay for jobs completed, custom work sold (Mastec got paid, I didn't), and reimbursement for out of pocket expenses.

I'm interested in working to organize here in Texas, but I know that is a long, if not impossible process. And, honestly, I don't think a union will make a whole lot of difference. But I am looking for more Mastec employees who are willing to join in a class action lawsuite for back pay and overtime wages. I have an attorney who is willing to represent me, but more plaintiffs will make Mastec take us more seriously.

BTW, Mastec just setteled out of court for $12.5 million to back pay its Florida employees for overtime and back wages. Looks like the same ol' s#&t going on here in Texas. For them it is probably more cost effective to settle suits out of court than it is to pay the techs what the law says they should get paid.

Mastec Lawsuit

Wondering if anyone knows when the Installers will be getting there money from the lawsuit, Thanks, William.

Sooooo....Good news! My husband just called and said he received a call from the head of HR. Apparently, husband's supervisor was in a conference call with head of HR and VP of Mastec. The two execs asked the supervisor what was going on and why my husband was not promoted sooner....The response? Well nothing....Supervisor said my husband was a great technician, did all of his work, has never been in trouble ect. So, VP and head of HR tell supervisor that they are going to back pay him for three months of pay for being a regular technician! This could mean hundreds of dollars for us, possibly even thousands! :) So there, now I have something good to say about Mastec. If you get in touch with the right people, things will work out okay in the end. I still can't believe it! Still haven't gotten the latest issue resolved, but I am sure that will be fixed as well. Looking forward to that hefty paycheck!
So how are things now?

find another job while working for mastec

tell your hubby to take a day off to look for another job while he working for mastec . being a technician for mastec is like being a <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
PUTTING THE BEST SPIN ON THINGS:

Employers NEED the best production for each dollar paid.
Employee NEED a predictable result from their labor.

American labor law has migrated in that direction.

As the cost of everything goes up employers look for ways to make a profit AND obey labor laws.
Employees start looking around for ways to be more profitable (efficient) and look for improvements in compensation.

Both parties start out with the promise...I won't F...you if you won't F... me.
The laws remain. Employers and Employees and Independent Contractors go around in circles.

It was worse in the last century AND the century before in America.

Sorry, no answer here.

Joe

Last edited:
Oh guys, the drama continues. We got his paycheck today for him being on the new "no unlimited overtime schedule" and it was WAY LOW. So, Apprentice Techs aren't allowed to do business installs. A few days after he became a regular technician he was finally given his first business install. It was a huge job too. So he gets his backup sheet that says he DID NOT get paid for this huge business install. Why? Because on his payroll sheet they put his effective date for becoming a regular technician effective for the 17th of November, when he had done the install just days before and HAS the paperwork showing he was a regular technician effective November 10th. So now we are about $150.00 short on this paycheck right before Christmas. The VP and all the head execs have been literally ignoring his calls for weeks now, even though they were the ones who promised to get everything in order. The "Union" also came out here talking about how much they could do for the guys at his location, yet nothing has been done. This new work week is really hurting the guys. One guy even brought home $480.00 for a two week pay period! Ours was a little better, but no where near the money he used to bring home. Now, it's not even worth it anymore. Not sure what we plan on doing but I doubt in involves staying with Mastec much longer.......
Hi. Saw your post from a long time ago. Does your husband still work for MasTec? Did the pay ever straighten out? Do any of his co-workers have any good stories? I have an offer to work for a MasTec in the Austin, TX area. Please advise. And by the way I am so so sorry and distraught to hear about what you have been through. I know that does not help you but I want you to know my heart goes out to you and your family.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)