question for multiple satellites/ 97 & 101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hi, I have a 1.2 dish that has been on 97 for 3 years. I just bought a multi lnb bracket a week or so ago along with 2 standard single linear lnbs'. I see that there is a lot of free programing on 101 amc2 and amc4. My question is should I be able to use my multi bracket (as it did not work for adding amc9 83*) to get 101 along with 97 without moving it. THis would be really great. thanks in advance

I added my bracket and a lnb but unsure how far to slide the bracket holding the lnb. And weather to point the lnb at the same spot as the center lnb pointing at 97 or should I look for a different spot for that signal from 101. Any suggestions will be appreciated. See picture attached. I added a channel list for amc1 and the latest transponder freqs. I have my receivers running to a 6x8 zinwell and the line that attaches to this new lnb is hooked to the 18v 22khz port on the zinwell. I have in my cs5000 set up for this satellite lnb 18v single 10750, 22khz on.

Attachments

• 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
The sats are only 4 degrees apart, so the lnb's should be close together and pointed at the same point on the dish ( the focus) . The elevation of the lnb's will also be close together, not much difference in the elevation angle for nearby birds. Give it a whirl on a strong tp.
:)

AMC 2/4 (101W) is 1.3 degrees lower than Galaxy 19 (97W). The AMC2/4 LNBF needs to be just slightly higher than the centered Galaxy 19 LNBF.

Since you have the LNBF locked to the horizontal polarity with the switch connection, select Satellite AMC 2/4 transponder 11822 in the receiver. Hand hold the LNBF with a positive 18.5 degree skew setting (counter-clockwise rotation, standing in front of the dish looking towards the reflector). Aim the LNBF towards the same point on the reflector face as the Galaxy 19 LNBF is pointed.

Slowly move the LNBF up / down, left right until you locate the Signal Quality reading. Note LNBF position and move the LNBF clamp into position to hlod the LNBF. Once the LNBF is clamped, Make slow movements of the LNBF and adjust the skew until the SQ is peaked.

Can anyone tell me which is a strong transponder on 101 ku? thanks for the help.
The sats are only 4 degrees apart, so the lnb's should be close together and pointed at the same point on the dish ( the focus) . The elevation of the lnb's will also be close together, not much difference in the elevation angle for nearby birds. Give it a whirl on a strong tp.

Following all the help I got it in. Looks great. They have a history channel here and Gospel Music. thanks everyone for the help.
Uploading picture of how I used the multi bracket to tune it in.

Attachments

• 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 203
I am glad it came in as high as it is because it will not go any lower as the support arm is in the way. I have it as low as it will go. I will shorten up the tubes and secure the coax sometime later this week. I may even change the bigger dual linear one out for another small one as when I ordered the multi bracket I ordered 2 of the smaller lnbs. It may be able to be tuned a bit better then as is I have 88% on the quality. I was tuning it myself without help and stopped and tightened things down as soon as I seen I had it. I may be able to tweak it better when I get someone to watch the quality while I move things around. thanks for all the help.
I'm a little surprized that the 2d lnb is as high as it is. Good news on your project.

I posted a picture in post 7 of this thread. Ill clean it up some later in the week...hope to take a few days off. been working too hard!
Good job cruzin! Could you post a picture of the bracket connection to the lower LNB arm?

Update

Had some time today so I swapped out the larger lnb and secured my coax today.
On some of the stronger transponders on 101sat I am getting 97% and after changing the lnb to the smaller one I can only get the max of 91% on 97*sat. I was getting 97% on it. What I use 97 for I can live with it. All in all was a learning experience and I had fun along with the frustration.
If you have read my other post about converting one of these muzak dishes to motorized I bought 5 ft of heavy web alum angle today and in the process of making a mount for a second muzak dish I have. I have to get the motor before I can go any further so I will be shopping next week for it. I am hoping to put one up I can swing the arc and hit 83* sat for the oldies. I have really enjoyed this forum and am thankful for all the suggestions and information that is available here. :)

Attachments

• PICT0037.JPG
    PICT0037.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 133
  • PICT0038.JPG
    PICT0038.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 142
  • PICT0039.JPG
    PICT0039.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 122
Great Update!!

Nice pictures cruzin!

It is always a learning experience with me when I set one up; I find out that each time there is something different to learn!

Great updated photos of that old Muzak dish! Looks great!

What is better than one muzak dish, TWO! :cool: That is great!

That dish looks heavy, to motorize that it would take a good HD motor. What does she weigh approximately or a guesstament?

Good luck with your further endeavor, I enjoyed reading this thread!

Get us some pictures of the second one installed (if you can) as well; I look forward in seeing those pictures as well!!

:up :up :up

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Hi Kevin, the dish with mount weighs in at 3lbs I removed the mount the other day and weighed it and the mount alone weighs 10lbs. I bought some alum heavy wall angle the other day and will construct a new mount. I will post when I get it all done. thanks.
Nice pictures cruzin!

It is always a learning experience with me when I set one up; I find out that each time there is something different to learn!

Great updated photos of that old Muzak dish! Looks great!

What is better than one muzak dish, TWO! :cool: That is great!

That dish looks heavy, to motorize that it would take a good HD motor. What does she weigh approximately or a guesstament?

Good luck with your further endeavor, I enjoyed reading this thread!

Get us some pictures of the second one installed (if you can) as well; I look forward in seeing those pictures as well!!

:up :up :up

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts