Question Galaxy 25 - 97.0W Reception on 12 Foot Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Finally located Galaxy 25 - 97.0W my true South Satelite today with great help from the new Trimax 2200 Meter. The meter would only peak on Tps 11867 and 12177, but on 11966 and 12152 I got zero signal??

I scanned in about 200 TV Channels and 200 Radio Channels on 16 Tp's Unfortunately I can't get enough signal to pull in Tp's: 11966 (Russia Today) and 12152. Tuning the 12 Footer from East to West is extremely touchy. Does this mean I need to look at elevation now, since I know its not perfect? Or is KU Band just really hard to pick up on these big Bud Dishes? Any replies would be appreciated.

Finally located Galaxy 25 - 97.0W my true South Satelite today with great help from the new Trimax 2200 Meter. The meter would only peak on Tps 11867 and 12177, but on 11966 and 12152 I got zero signal??

I scanned in about 200 TV Channels and 200 Radio Channels on 16 Tp's Unfortunately I can't get enough signal to pull in Tp's: 11966 (Russia Today) and 12152. Tuning the 12 Footer from East to West is extremely touchy. Does this mean I need to look at elevation now, since I know its not perfect? Or is KU Band just really hard to pick up on these big Bud Dishes? Any replies would be appreciated.

Normally, a click to the left or right will see signal gain more or less, if this not help in signal quality, try set the dish up or lower about a degree. and still not help, adjust the whole feed. However, don't know how big the hole on your mesh dish, if a pencil can pass through, its too big.

Normally, a click to the left or right will see signal gain more or less, if this not help in signal quality, try set the dish up or lower about a degree. and still not help, adjust the whole feed. However, don't know how big the hole on your mesh dish, if a pencil can pass through, its too big.

Thanks for the reply Sksatellite, the holes in the Mesh are quite a bit smaller than a pencil, can't move 1 degree either way to fine tune right now since the Actuator and V-Box III will not work. The only I can move the Actuator is with a 12 VDC Battery charger right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts