Question --? -- Genie with extra DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ZoSo925

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Sin City
I was thinking about getting a Genie box with a Genie-Mini Wireless and a 2nd DVR for upstairs.

Will the 2nd DVR have the same features as the Genie ? DirecTV has a $25 fee i think for Whole Room Service. Will there be any issues with the 2nd DVR and Wireless Genie-Mini ?

Thanks,

The 2nd dvr will work fine. It can see and play what is recorded on the Genie and the Genie can also see and play what is recorded on the other dvr. We have one Genie with 2 other dvr's, (hr22-100 & hr24-500) and every thing works great.

Will the 2nd DVR have the same features as the Genie ?
pretty much. There are some menu features that the Genie has that no other receiver does but they function the same

Will there be any issues with the 2nd DVR and Wireless Genie-Mini ?
nope should be OK. I know there are folks here who have Genie+minis and extra HD DVR's (or HD receivers) and they all work together

The only thing the second DVR can't do that the Genie can is stream to more than one client at a time. This means if you playback a recording on the second DVR from either the Genie Mini or the Genie itself you will not be able stream any other recordings to any other TV from the second DVR.

The Genie DVR can stream to up to 3 clients at the same time.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)