Question on Apps--such as Pandora--not working?

dlharm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 5, 2009
So. Central Nebraska
I'm trying to access the apps--Pandora--Game finder etc and have broadband connected and it shows as good--but when I press
the Blue bar to access them all I get is the pinwheel spinning for a few seconds and then nothing--the system locks and the only
way I can get out of it is pressing the DVR button and then cancel -then I can get back to the original screen.:(
I have a Pandora account and wanted to listen to it. Is there anything else I can do or do different?
The hopper is new to me as I had it installed on Thursday, 9/12/13.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Try accessing them through the main menu options instead of the blue button launch bar.

I tried from the main menu and it is the same as when I press blue button bar on the remote --no apps--just screen freezes up.
If I'm in the Guide and I see that pressing the * button- will go to the Game Finder--it does on that scenario--go to Game Finder only.

An update to the app's not working on my hopper. I talked to an advanced technical agent and was told there was an issue and enough hoppers had the issue that a software up-date would be coming out on 10/17 to correct it. Unless it was on 9/17 and date was wrong in dish's system.
I happened to try the app in the main menu on 9/19--and it worked and continues as of this time. Unless dish came out with software to fix the issue earlier than I was told-- it took my apps 1 week from installation to begin working.
My install was 9/12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)