question on network HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bransc

Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
I have a question about this new SHVERA and how it affects me. I "moved" to a white area in the middle of October. I currently get both dns and locals, including the HD network feeds. The HD network feeds is the reason I "moved". I really could care less about time shifting and all of that. I just want to be able to get the network stations in HD. Now with this new bill having passed, will I be allowed to keep both my locals and dns, in particular the hd feeds of the networks (hopefully ABC and FOX will be added soon)----in other words am I grandfathered? Or do I need to do something different to ensure I continue to get the hd network feeds. Thanks

Um, I'm a newbie, but would not the HD Antennae ensure you get the Network channels in HD??? At least until/if they send the HD feed over the Satellite in all Markets.

?????

You can get the networks in hd for sure IF you are close enough to receive them, at least thats what i think you meant , i think some of what you wrote was in code LOL

I can not get a reliable signal with an antenna. That is why I must get them via sat. I currently get them (well except for abc and fox which are not yet available on d*), but I want to make sure this new legislation does not jeopardize me getting them.

When the next satellite launchs in the spring of 2005 for DirecTV, they have a plan to add HD locals for 30 top markets (or about 500 HD local channels). Well, at least, that's the plan for now.

Hong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)