Question on RTN Retro Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cellis

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 1, 2007
I have a motor to add to my 36" dish and my Fortec Star MercuryII Ku/cband receiver, I would like to get some of programming from the "RTN" Channels on G10. Will I be able to get any of the RTN channels or would I need some other kind of set-up. I noticed some are listed as DT. I am new to all of this and I don't know what to do next. I was hoping to put the motor on and start veiwing some of the classic shows. Can Someone please held me!!:confused:

The RTN channels on G-10R are in the clear, and are, in fact, favorites here :)

Let us know what brand/model motor you have, and we'll get you up and running...

If you don't have motor yet, manually put up the dish and aim at g10r. Take your time and do it right. If you find you like it, look into buying a motor later on.

I have a motor to add to my 36" dish and my Fortec Star MercuryII Ku/cband receiver, I would like to get some of programming from the "RTN" Channels on G10. Will I be able to get any of the RTN channels or would I need some other kind of set-up. I noticed some are listed as DT. I am new to all of this and I don't know what to do next. I was hoping to put the motor on and start veiwing some of the classic shows. Can Someone please held me!!:confused:

The dish/motor setup will be slightly different, depending the motor you decide to get.

Check out the dish size limitations for each motor, for example my HH90 can handle up to a 95mm fortec dish, but the Sg-2100 may handle a heavier steel 95mm dish.

Also check the max degree azimuth rotation (i.e. my HH90 only swings +-65 degrees, but a SG-2100 can go +- 70 degrees), especially if you are not near the east coast and you want to swing over to the atlantic sats (if the earth doesn't block you).

I got the HH90 thinking that the metal gears would last longer, but found out later that the SG-2100 (plastic gears) lasts a long time too.

Once you get your motor, check out the following for instructions:
How to install an HH-Mount Motor? Applies to DG240-SM3D22-STABHH100-HH120-Motech-SG2100

you could add a 2nd dish for instant changes between the 36" dish and G10 :)

Yes the Merc II can get G10 (or any other KU satellite within your line of site)

Thanks Guys!!

Thank each one fo the helpful info. I have got my motor for my dish, haven't got it on yet, (been too HOT!!! 100-Degrees plus) Hope to get it on as soon as the weather cools down a bit. The motor is a Geosat pro GS-120, My Dish is a 36" that came with the Glorystar system. Will let everyone know as soon as I get it up and running. I have a lot of doctor appointments with my wife and my mother, by the time I get all that done, maybe the weather will be a little cooler. If I have any problems with the motor or aiming the dish, I know a many of you will be able to give me some helpful advice. I have already learned a lot from many of you on this forum. Thanks to all !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)