Diseqc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATROB

Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
Hi ,does anyone know how much signal is lost using a diseqc switch between 2 LNB's.?? Cheers.

This post would be better in the "Free To Air (FTA) Discussion" Forum.
Hopefully a MOD will move it there.

Welcome to Satellite Guys.

To answer your question, it depends on the switch, I had a Pansat switch that came with my receiver and I though the signal was ok, then it went bad and I bought a Chieta switch and I noticed a improvement of about 15% quality.

Usually the loss is worth it if you cam get another satellite that you normally could not.

Generally, mulltiswitches are engineered to include low gain amplifiers to compensate for insertion loss. Because satellite receivers have input windows that are over 30dB wide, insertion loss through switches is of no consequence in most applications. The numerical signal strength number is not a measure of signal strength.

As far as I can tell, all the low priced consumer grade DiSEqC switches are junky in quality and so if you used another identical Pansat switch and another identical Chitea switch. your results could vary significantly.

I bought a couple Chieta 2x1 switches NIB from eBay for a few dollars each for use in a stacked LNB system, but their isolation above 1,500 Mhz was non-existent, even though the labels pasted on them said they worked up to 2.4 Ghz.

Thanks for the info guys maybe I'll get one of the others you mentioned and see if they work PS thanks for the welcome

If you are getting a Chieta, make sure that you that you get the heavy duty one. That's the one with low insertion loss, 1.5dB vs. 3dB of most DiSEqC switches including the cheaper Chieta ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)