Question on setting up 33 inch dish for multiple satellite..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sundal31

Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Hello,
I am glad I found this forum.
Hope I could get some answers from you.

I am very newbie for FTA.
I just bought a 33 inch round shape dish and want to get signal from satellites on 82W, 97W 110W.
Is this possible?

I am also trying to get HD signal. Do I need special satellite dish?

I live in Winnipeg, Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
only one of those that has channels to watch is 97w. those are mostly ethnic/religious.

at any rate, that is a pretty far spread. that has been my problem with fixed dishes. the ones i want are either too far apart or too close together.

What are you trying to get on 82 and 110? Everything on there is scrambled other than a few barker channels and you need a subscription.

The maximum distance is usually 10 degrees from the middle LNB.

I just bought a 33 inch round shape dish and want to get signal from satellites on 82W, 97W 110W.
Most of the content on 82W and 110W is only available by subscription. What is it that you want to receive from those satellites?
Bob

Thank you for your answers.
Well I was misunderstanding something.

One of my friends started me getting FTA system. and he told me that I need to point those satellites.

If what you guys are saying is right, then, 82W and 110W is not FTA.
Could you recommend me other satellites which have good channels?

Thank you all.

You know, most of the time when I see Echo sats other than 119 (NASA/Angel1), the first thing I think is "hacker". Well when thinking about getting a T-90 setup for home, I found myself thinking about adding some cheap circulars for the circular sats just so that they are there and available for blind scanning to pickup the occasional freebie - I mean if it costs me 5-6 bucks per sat for the pleasure of picking up some freebies when I'm bored, heck that's worth it. I haven't bothered to scan for quite some time, but many months ago I was scanning everything for fun and there were tons of freebies that popped up on a "far eastern" circular sat and stayed clear for quite awhile. So now I'm thinking, heck if i'm going to dedicate a dish or two towards multi-sat setups, I might as well drop the circulars in there for an extra 5-6 bucks a pop (plus the cost of extra switches)... why not!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts