Question on slimline SWM and H21 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

silidon

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
Canada
I am installing the new Slimline dish with an H21 receiver and have one question. Since I am pretty far up north and might not get a strong signal for the HD channels can I use this dish and receiver to just switch to the SD channels as I know I have a pretty good signal on the 101 satellite but the other two might not have a strong signal. I am using the receiver right now on a 18" round dish right now but would like to access the HD channels.

Thanks for any help

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Sure, you can install a Slimline but use it for sd from the 101 satellite if your hd signals aren't strong enough. Where are you in Canada? There are maps that show approximately how strong the signals are in a particular area.

Thanks for the welcome and I am just north of Saskatoon, Sask. The standard receivers don't have an HDMI port which you need to hook up to the newer tvs so I went with the H21.

Looking at the satmap link at the top of the page, I suspect you could receive national sd channels, but the hd map looks unlikely.

I receive every SD channel now but the HD ones will definitely be touch and go. That's why I wanted to make sure that I can still get the SD channels if need be with the Slimline, probably will just need to adjust the settings on the receiver.

Yes, but like I said, it's highly doubtful you will get any hd channels, so there is no benefit to the Slimline except maybe a more stable sd signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.