Question regarding cancellation and number porting

dem372

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
My parents are current Time Warner Cable customers. They are switching over to Uverse with Vonage phone next week. The Uverse install is scheduled for next Sunday. The phone should be ready a few days after that. My questions are this:

When you call to cancel TW, is that cancelation effective the day you call? And will any time that has already been billed and paid for be prorated back to them (not sure if they pay in advance?)?

Can they call and cancel just the Cable and Road Runner, and leave the phone service active? The phone service must be active in order to get the number ported over to Vonage. I am tempted to have them leave all three on until the phone is done just to avoid issues, but if they dont have to pay for the cable and RR while they wait for the phone to switch, that would be nice.

And last, has anyone ever had a number ported from TW over to another service, and were there any issues you ran into during the process?

Thanks to all for any replies.

You may have trouble porting a number away from TWC. Technically they are not a "phone company", you had to sign a document agreeing this when you signed up. Only "phone companies" are bound to Line Number Portability regulations. I had the same problem trying to port a phone number from Voicepulse to TWC. This was a number which was originally a verizon landline.

Vonage may have worked out some kind of reciprocal porting arrangement with TWC, but I would check first; they don't really /have/ to port your number.

You may have trouble porting a number away from TWC. Technically they are not a "phone company", you had to sign a document agreeing this when you signed up. Only "phone companies" are bound to Line Number Portability regulations. I had the same problem trying to port a phone number from Voicepulse to TWC. This was a number which was originally a verizon landline.

Vonage may have worked out some kind of reciprocal porting arrangement with TWC, but I would check first; they don't really /have/ to port your number.

Yes they do, It just the games they play to try and hold on to you.

They absolutely should NOT disco anything yet from TW, until after EVERYTHING is working correctly from U-verse, just in case something happens & it does NOT get up & running as they are expecting.
Better to have to pay a couple extra days to TW than having to pay to have it reconnected - or to go with NO service either way... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts