Question Regarding Name Based Recording

SAEMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hi,

I'm not exactly all that "tech-savvy" so if this is a stupid question, I apologize :)

If they do announce name based recording will be availiable (which I am hoping will happen because on my cable I had a stand alone Tivo and I loved all the features)will it be a software update that will be able to be downloaded to my 510? Or will you have to buy a different system to get it?

Also, would that include the ability to be able to do season passes (my favorite feature)?

Honestly so far I've enjoyed my Dish DVR a little bit better than Tivo, but mostly because it's integrated into the reciever like DirecTivo is, and because it's not nearly as slow as my old series 1 Tivo was, so it's not the Dish DVR that I like better as much as I like Dish DVR better than my specific Tivo.

Sorry for the rambling :)

Name based recording will be a software update. All DVRs should get it.

I'm sure Dish will have some variation of the Season Pass feature.

Actually, a directivo is just as slow. That's a big advantage of Dish DVRs, their menus/guides are much faster than Tivo's.

AppliedAggression said:
Name based recording will be a software update.
True. If it ever happens - see below.
AppliedAggression said:
All DVRs should get it.
Maybe, but even if so, not necessarily at the same time. There's at least 3 different software platforms in use, and all will require different coding.
AppliedAggression said:
I'm sure Dish will have some variation of the Season Pass feature.
Why? Because they said so? That's more an indicator that it will NOT happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)