Question Regarding Ordering HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BoiseStateFan4Life

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
United States
Hey guys, so a few months ago, my bill went up again and I took a big jump and cancelled my HD service. Saved me 10 bucks but I wouldn't say good things came out of it. I have international programming and I am on the Preferred Choice package. I don't get much good programming out of the P.Choice in the first place now I am stuck with it in SD on a 46 inch LED. Thank goodness I still get my HD locals ;)

Next Thursday is the start of the World Cup and I really want to catch the whole tournament in HD. I don't really mind paying 10 dollars to watch the world's largest tournament in HD for a month. Since I have international programming, I have to call a certain number since I can't change programming online. I am wondering how I will get the HD feeds after I call them. I have an H20-100 and H20-600, both hooked into an HDTV via an HDMI cable. Do I have to upgrade equipment or will they just switch it once I make the phone call? And when I cancel at the end of the tournament, will I lose my HD locals? I'm pretty sure they are free.

Also one of my TVs, can transmit HD channels. I was given a ton of HD channels during the Xtra Free Trial a week or two ago but of course I don't have it now. It's kind of a nice "bonus", as I say. Will I lose that as well?

Thanks for your help guys!

If the recvrs you mentioned here are the ones your gonna be using then all you have to do is call and activate the HD service again.

Btw, unless your Credits just dropped off, your bill should not change, they only do a price change once a year, in Feb/March.

Personally, I would find somewhere else to save the $10, HD is an important part of your D* programming when using a larger HD set.

Reactions: BoiseStateFan4Life
Thanks Jimbo!

Speaking of saving, I do not have much on my Directv bill right now. I have the programming as I mentioned which is kind of already at its last resort, the 2nd receiver fee, and the Protection Plan. My equipment has failed on me several times before and the Protection Plan kind of saved me. The HD was a wonderful thing to the TV but I had to sacrifice something. If I didn't like what I saw, I would have switched to Cable One (Ew) or Dish. I wanted to switch to Dish but then they got rid of their Free HD for Life promotion. It wouldn't have been nice to not bother about HD fees with it. I'm still hoping that Dish will bring it back eventually. 24 months would go by pretty fast. It attracted a lot of customers and got rid of it at a crucial point in Dish programming (ABC-ESPN-Disney deal). Their packages are "reasonably" priced (reasonably compared to other companies these days) and most of the channels are placed in the package they deserve. I was ready to sign up for Dish but as I said, I took sacrifices.

[QUOTE="BoiseStateFan4Life, post: 3462080, member: 190312it, it doesn't]Thanks Jimbo!

Speaking of saving, I do not have much on my Directv bill right now. I have the programming as I mentioned which is kind of already at its last resort, the 2nd receiver fee, and the Protection Plan. My equipment has failed on me several times before and the Protection Plan kind of saved me. The HD was a wonderful thing to the TV but I had to sacrifice something. If I didn't like what I saw, I would have switched to Cable One (Ew) or Dish. I wanted to switch to Dish but then they got rid of their Free HD for Life promotion. It wouldn't have been nice to not bother about HD fees with it. I'm still hoping that Dish will bring it back eventually. 24 months would go by pretty fast. It attracted a lot of customers and got rid of it at a crucial point in Dish programming (ABC-ESPN-Disney deal). Their packages are "reasonably" priced (reasonably compared to other companies these days) and most of the channels are placed in the package they deserve. I was ready to sign up for Dish but as I said, I took sacrifices.[/QUOTE]
Everybody would like Free HD, however, the way I look at it, it doesn't matter what they Call it, basically it's a $120 credit, I don't care as long as they give me that credit somewhere. Often times they will give you a $120 credit elsewhere, maybe its free DVR fee, or credit to you premium that you wouldnt normally get. Or the Sports Pack or whatever, as long as I'm not paying somewhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)