Question regarding Wireless router..

If fact that N standard is not totally set worries me.

Yeah, thats kind of what I'm thinking too. What I might do is just get the 50 dollar Linksys that Icewolf got and use it until the N thing pans out. Right now my 6 year old Dlink DI524 has NAT problems with my PS3 resulting in no connection to the PS network. Still works great for my notebooks and slingbox though.

Glad you are up and running again and found a product that suits your needs, The 4300 has been a great product (for me) but I see that a number people are having issues with the 4500. I love the feature set of the Dlink 4300 but as Digi says some of the after market firmwares for the Linksys routers provide great functionality.

They're looking at running WDS on 802.11A and supposedly seeing a 100 Megabit wireless connection between the routers and then using the b/g radio for clients (and of course the hard wired clients at the routers).

I believe it's based on the reference design for the Linksys WRT600N

I am running a linksys wireless router as well. Honestly, I run my wii, 360, 2 laptops and my desktop on the router and never had any trouble with disconnections. As far as your current router be sure to check for possible causes of interference between the antennas and the devices that you are working with. Hope this helps.:eek:

Hey guys,
I just got this router too but it will not work with my PS3. I am getting a NAT failure with it. When I go to test the connection I get:

Obtain IP address SUCCEEDED
Internet connection SUCCEEDED
Playstation Network SUCCEEDED
UPnP AVAILABLE
NAT Type FAILED

And it will not let me play on the playstation network. Any ideas on how to fix this NAT problem?

Thanks,
Jeff

I just went to Google and searched on "NAT Type FAILED" and it came up with lots of promising sounding hits. I didn't follow any of those however, you can do that. Lots of mention of PS3 with this error in those hits.

Well after messing with almost every damn setting on that router I found out the problem was in my DSL modem. After I disabled the modem firewall I can get a NAT connection with NAT type 3. Now I will try and get it to NAT type 2.

Jeff

I think Links products are the best. I have had numerous computer technicians and the computer school I went too all recommended Links products to me. I run with a Links WRT54GS Wireless router, modem, four Ethernet switches , and a wireless bridge. Everything is Links. I have two VIP722s, two SlingBoxes, two computers, and one printer cat 5 connected thru the varies switches to the router. Wireless things connected are: another printer, a third VIP722 (connected to a wireless bridge), four more computers, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, and a PSP. Everything works great. I have had problems with Dlink and Belken before, but that has been several years ago.

I used to by all linksys, but nowadays I buy mostly D-Link.

I haven't had a problem with any of their routers in a long time. I have a ton of problems with Belkin, but my D-Link's have been rock solid

I think Links products are the best. I have had numerous computer technicians and the computer school I went too all recommended Links products to me. I run with a Links WRT54GS Wireless router, modem, four Ethernet switches , and a wireless bridge. Everything is Links. I have two VIP722s, two SlingBoxes, two computers, and one printer cat 5 connected thru the varies switches to the router. Wireless things connected are: another printer, a third VIP722 (connected to a wireless bridge), four more computers, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, and a PSP. Everything works great. I have had problems with Dlink and Belken before, but that has been several years ago.

Dude, it's Linksys!

I'm using a Linksys WRT54GL, with the open source DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std - build 3932 firmware.
What is DD-WRT? - DD-WRT Wiki
I have two computers hard wired; laptop, NDS, Wii on wireless, and a switch linked with my Dish box and HD-DVD.
It has never given me any problems and the WRT firmware adds a ton of features that the default Linksys firmware doesn't have.

That said, I don't use XBL or PS3 so can't tell you anything about those. But I do online gaming and On Demand movies through the router without problems.

Dido. My Linksys WRT54GL hasn't given me any problems either, I've used it for over 2 years now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)