Question with new installation of oval dish with existing DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Racer

Original poster
Oct 17, 2004
Here is my question.

We are buying a house which right now has a round dish with a dual lnb installed running into a multi-switch along with the tv antenna. My guess the multi-switch is probably a 2 sat and 1 antenna input model. If I upgrade the dish, do I need to change the multi-switch? I would like to keep the antenna hooked up and use a di-plexer so I can at least get tv if we get a bad storm or something.

I don't plan on having HDTV any time soon so I may not even need the oval dish.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

The "HD dish" is the eliptical dish with 3 LNB. All the newest ones (Phase III models) have the multi switch built in.

The new ones with the multi-switch, do they connect to the standard antanna too or do you need an additional multi-switch to do that. I realize you need a diplexer at each receiver to split the signal again.

No additional multi-switch is needed. I just installed the Trex oval and it's all built in. Even had a bubble level built in to the top of the mounting pole.

For off air antenna you will need an additional multiswitch as the one built into the dish does not have an off air antenna port.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)