Question wrt 129

35LKSA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Eastern PA
I have a question with regards to the 129 bird.

I have a dish 1000.2 with LNB's for 110, 119 and 129. I can pick up 110 and 119 but not 129 so I'm using a 2nd dish for 61.5.

My question is, assuming I'm lined up for maximum signal on 119, if my dish all of a sudden starts picking up a signal from 129 and I go to the POINT DISH screen and select 129, will I see a signal level? Or do I need to do something else in order for 129 to show up?

I am in eastern PA and am not even sure I will be able to get a signal from 129. But if I can, I would rather have a single dish rather than 2.

Eastern PA is not good for getting 129, but if you were to start getting it, you would need to run a check switch in order for the receiver to get anything from it. If you would rather have a single dish, you would be better of using the 1000.4 and aim for 61.5, 72 and 77 orbital locations.

One more thought

As I have a 1000.2 dish already, I assume I just need to get a different LNB for 61.5, 72 and 77, correct?

The 1000.4 dish is different from the 1000.2. The LNBs are all DBS, but the 3-LNB assemblies are unique due to the different spacing. They are not interchangeable.

Eastern PA is not good for getting 129, but if you were to start getting it, you would need to run a check switch in order for the receiver to get anything from it. If you would rather have a single dish, you would be better of using the 1000.4 and aim for 61.5, 72 and 77 orbital locations.

Ciel-2 at 129 should cover all of PA with no issues. They even have spotbeams designed for that area and northeast of there. The signal on 129 doesn't drop off until you get into Maine. The one thing that might be hard to come by though is line of sight to 129 in PA which is why the Eastern Arc might be better in that area depending on your LOS.

We are assuming you have verified that you are getting 110+119 thru the correct LNBs. Cover the outer 110+129 LNBs with foil and verify you get only 119. Tune as needed and with the correct skew set, you should get both 110+129 when you remove the foils with like signal strength. You might tune the elevation slightly from there to balance the signal levels of all three. Report what happens, luck.
-Ken

yeah if you have 119 with good signal, you should get 129. are they separate lnb's? if so is there a switch? is it connected there? techs will often disconnect 129 when they hook up 61.5, so yours may not be connected.

@SCA He said he had a 1000.2, There is no way (to my knoledge) to "disconnect" 129. Most likely there is a 61.5 wing dish with the line from 61.5 running into the 1000.2 LNBF IN port... Best Bet if you want one dish like they said before is to upgrade ALL of your recievers to HD recievers and let the tech know when he gets there that you want one dish and to just install a 1000.4...

My question is, assuming I'm lined up for maximum signal on 119, if my dish all of a sudden starts picking up a signal from 129 and I go to the POINT DISH screen and select 129, will I see a signal level? Or do I need to do something else in order for 129 to show up?

Sounds to me like you simply need to do a switch test and you should be good to go. If digiblur says ciel-2 reaches your area, then it is so. A switch test should pick up the new sat. where the old sat. was too weak @ 129°.

Sounds to me like you simply need to do a switch test and you should be good to go. If digiblur says ciel-2 reaches your area, then it is so. A switch test should pick up the new sat. where the old sat. was too weak @ 129°.

Assuming the tech installed it right. Its really easy to get 110 and 119 on a 1000.2 on the 119 and 129 lnbs.

@SCA He said he had a 1000.2, There is no way (to my knoledge) to "disconnect" 129. Most likely there is a 61.5 wing dish with the line from 61.5 running into the 1000.2 LNBF IN port... Best Bet if you want one dish like they said before is to upgrade ALL of your recievers to HD recievers and let the tech know when he gets there that you want one dish and to just install a 1000.4...

right, he just said lnb's as in plural, so i thought it might be a w bracket conncted to a switch...where 129 could be disconnected...or the line bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts