Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

seamus21514

Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
We had Directv, then switched to cable, and then wanted to switch back to Directv. I want to know if there is any way to get other TV affiliates, like KYW in Philly when I live where WCBS is in NYC. I wouldn't want to doit if it was illegal, but I'dlike to know if there is any way to do this within legal means. I work in Philly, but live in NYC< so I would want Philly locals.

You did not hear it from me but... have your billing /location address be Philly. When you set your system up, use your philly zip code as your primary, the NYC zip as the secondary.

Disclaimer: This is what I have heard, I myself would never do such a thing

Only the guide info, that is what the secondary zip is for, to the best of my knowledge. One potential issue is the size of the spotbeams, they may or may not reach you. Only way to know for sure will be set the primary zip you want to use and test it.

At least that is what other people have said.

Only the guide info, that is what the secondary zip is for, to the best of my knowledge. One potential issue is the size of the spotbeams, they may or may not reach you. Only way to know for sure will be set the primary zip you want to use and test it.

At least that is what other people have said.

As the crow flies, Philly is 65 miles away from me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts