Question

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
The guy came out and install a dish but it's only pointed at 61.5, 72.7, and 77 west. They said I don't need 110 and 119 anymore is this true?? I wanted to get the distant locals but they are on 110 and 119 and I don't want to say anything to the guy don't know what to do.

The guy came out and install a dish but it's only pointed at 61.5, 72.7, and 77 west. They said I don't need 110 and 119 anymore is this true?? I wanted to get the distant locals but they are on 110 and 119 and I don't want to say anything to the guy don't know what to do.

Your installer was correct. Also AAD is probably going away very soon. Look around at the different threads here to see all the info.

You might keep your old Dish 500 and (assuming it has either a DP twin or DP duals) cable that up to your 1000.4 LNB in. Then you could keep your distant locals until they go away some day. (I'm not convinced they're history. Dish will apparently be importing nearby locals under the new law, but not distant locals such as you might get through AAD.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts