Questions about adding 2nd HD-DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fotograffiti

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Wisconsin
Hey guys,
I am wondering if anyone here knows if this would work and if so if you could answer a couple questions for me.
I want to add an HD-DVR to my basement so that we can watch our recorded shows downstairs as well. When we originally got DirecTV installed they ran one cable into the basement to a standard receiver.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to just run another cable from our existing dish to accommodate the dual tuner?

2. Is there a way to access shows from the other DVR or would they be independent of each other? (if we would have to record the shows on both DVRs that would fine)

3. With 2 DVRs would I be able to record a total of 4 shows at a time or would we still only be able to record a total of 2 shows at a time between the 2?

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
1) What dish do you have? If the Slimline, then yes, it is that simple if all you'll have is a total of four tuners

2) Do a search for Multi Room Viewing (MRV)

3) Yes, each DVR can record two shows at the same time, so 2 DVRs = 4 shows.

3) Yes, each DVR can record two different shows at the same time as long as both DVRs have 2 satellite dish wires connected to them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)