Questions about DirecTV and HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
SPROG- So, did you do what Ronnie and I were thinking about? (2 lines into the Tivo, 1 into the HD box)?

cypher said:
Ronnie-
Have you gotten this setup to work? If so, that is AWESOME! I would have 2 lines into my Tivo (for the 2 receivers), 1 to the HD Receiver, and 1 to the upstairs bedroom. Man, that would rock! I think the HD just jumped into 1st place for "toys I must have" (it is nearing the end of golf season after all).

** UPDATE **

Got everything hooked up last night and it works great!!! I have both my TiVO working on Video 3, with dual tuner, and my HD receiver working off HDMI. The only way I was able to make all of this work was getting a 5x8 multi-switch... btw... I did get the powered multi-switch because of all the conntections. Don't know if it makes a difference... but better safe than sorry.

Take care,
Ronnie :yes

Ronnie- Thanks for the update. I already have a multi-switch (but I don't know if it is a 5x8, or even what that means). I currently have the TIVO dual receiver downstairs and another receiver upstairs, so the multiswitch has the dual LNB in, and then 4 lines out...If I have DirecTV install all of this, will they also put in a new multiswitch (if one is needed)?

cypher said:
Ronnie- Thanks for the update. I already have a multi-switch (but I don't know if it is a 5x8, or even what that means). I currently have the TIVO dual receiver downstairs and another receiver upstairs, so the multiswitch has the dual LNB in, and then 4 lines out...If I have DirecTV install all of this, will they also put in a new multiswitch (if one is needed)?

Yeah... they should install what you have and have the parts to add... if anything is needed. Just as an fyi... 5x8 means you have 5 inputs (4 - from satellite and 1 - air) and 8 outputs to receivers. Good luck with yours!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)