Questions about DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IndyMichael

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
I'm currently a Dish DHP customer, and have satisfied my one year commitment, and as I'm increasing annoyed with Dish not adding CSTV, I'm getting more serious about switching. I'm a big soccer fan, and it kills me that I've already missed two Indiana University soccers matches on CSTV, including the Big Ten Championship game, and will miss any of IU's NCAA Championship games they show.

Anyway, I have a few questions. With DirecTV, are the local channels on their actual channels? Not a huge deal, but we do like it, that you press channel 6, to go to channel 6 etc.

I have the ESPN Gameplan now, anyone know if I can transfer that to DirecTV, or would I lose it if I switched now?

Currently I have to have two Dish 500 dishes to get all my local channels, if anyone from Indianapolis posts here and has DirecTV, do you need two dishes to get all your local channels?

Guess that's all for now, I know I'd lose the superstations, and that sucks, but oh well...

Michael
I personally dont have DirectTv, but my parents do. I can answer some of your questions

1. On all the new receivers they have local channel mapping. That is, when you press 4, you get channel 4.

2. You cannot transfer ESPN game plan from Dish to Direct, or vise versa.

3. The DirectTv dish has 3 slots on it (101, 110, 119)..Its like the Superdish, only a little smaller.

4. If you want, keep the Supers & Game Plan on Dish until GP is done. It will cost you 10.99 for the Supers (5.99 + 5.00 fee for not having AT50).

Michael,

With DIRECTV you only need one dish and yes, the local channels are integrated into your APG, so to tune channel 6 you punch 6.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts