Questions about R16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

samvonac

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 23, 2008
I'm thinking of putting a R16 in the living room and using the two composite outputs to connect to two other tv's in adjacent rooms and the coax out to the tv in the living room. None of the tvs will ever be watched at the same time and the rooms are close enough that the RF on the remote should work. I would save lease fees as I current have 3 standard dvrs for these 3 rooms but I know I'll have to fork out the $99 for the DVR. I'm already paying the DVR service fee for an H21 that I have in another room. Does this sound like a feasible plan?

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I'm thinking of putting a R16 in the living room and using the two composite outputs to connect to two other tv's in adjacent rooms and the coax out to the tv in the living room. None of the tvs will ever be watched at the same time and the rooms are close enough that the RF on the remote should work. I would save lease fees as I current have 3 standard dvrs for these 3 rooms but I know I'll have to fork out the $99 for the DVR. I'm already paying the DVR service fee for an H21 that I have in another room. Does this sound like a feasible plan?

By composite I assume you mean the red, white, and yellow cables. Yes, then it should work just fine, although I would use the composite to the living room and split the coax to the other two.

samvonac

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 23, 2008
I currently have an HR21 but i don't want to send the signal from this box to the other rooms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)