Questions about The Hopper?

Forgive me if this has been asked before...If I choose to get a 1 Hopper 3 Joey system and 6 months down the road decide it would be more beneficial to have a 2 Hopper 2 Joey system, would I just call Dish and tell them I want to exchange a Joey for a Hopper and they send me the Hopper and I just plug in and attach the coax OR would I need a tech to come out and run cables and such. We have 4 TV's fed by a 722k and a 625. I am trying to determine if I should get a 2 Hopper/2 Joey system or get a 1 Hopper/3 Joey and "upgrade" to an additional Hopper later if I need it.

Forgive me if this has been asked before...If I choose to get a 1 Hopper 3 Joey system and 6 months down the road decide it would be more beneficial to have a 2 Hopper 2 Joey system, would I just call Dish and tell them I want to exchange a Joey for a Hopper and they send me the Hopper and I just plug in and attach the coax OR would I need a tech to come out and run cables and such. We have 4 TV's fed by a 722k and a 625. I am trying to determine if I should get a 2 Hopper/2 Joey system or get a 1 Hopper/3 Joey and "upgrade" to an additional Hopper later if I need it.

You would need a truck roll. When you go from a single to a dual Hopper you also go from a single node to a dual node, probably requiring another coax from the dish to the node.

You'll need a tech visit. There will be one piece of equipment ("the node") to be swapped out, an extra run from the sattelite needed, and they will not know if the replaced Joey has the proper cable or not.

In theory the original tech could lay the groundwork and make sure it was easy to do if he is aware a swap is likely, but Dish wouldn't know that and wouldn't trust you to do it.

Are we going to be forced to watch commercials on Prime Time Anytime recordings in some form or fashion?

I presently have RG-6 running from my 922 to another room so I can also watch Dish and OTA signals on the TV in this remote room.

If I had a Hopper/Joey setup can this same coax cable be used for both the comms between the Hopper and the Joey as well as OTA signals? Is there a duplexer that would allow both to co-exist on one coax or would it require a seperate coax run for the Hopper/Joey and another for OTA signals?

I presently have RG-6 running from my 922 to another room so I can also watch Dish and OTA signals on the TV in this remote room.

If I had a Hopper/Joey setup can this same coax cable be used for both the comms between the Hopper and the Joey as well as OTA signals? Is there a duplexer that would allow both to co-exist on one coax or would it require a seperate coax run for the Hopper/Joey and another for OTA signals?

Here iS DIAGRAMS http://www.satelliteguys.us/installer-zone/277415-hopper-joey-installer-training-materials.html

I have a 722 connected to living rm. tv and bedroom tv. I have a 508 in extra bdrm. I would like to retire the 508 and move the 722 to my bdrm and extra bdrm and have a Hopper in living rm. I read earlier that the two can't mix...is that correct? If not, Will I have to put a Hopper and one joey in bdrm or two joey's so the extra bdrm has a signal ?? how much will my bill go up? I have the EVERYTHING PACK and pay 132.00 now...don't want to go higher if I can help it/// thanks

still waiting for an answer...can I have a 722 and a hopper???????????

No, it seems not. Part of the band below MoCA is reserved, and it would have been a close fit anyway.

I know PTAT will record all the prime time shows from the big four broadcast networks and keep them for eight days. I also understand that if I want to keep them for longer than that, I can move them to the non-PTAT portion of the HDD. However, I have to remember to do that in the eight days I have before it overwrites it.

My question is, can I still record a network show the way we do today, and not have to remember to move it over? I know it's a redundant recording, but I don't always keep up with all the shows I watch and I don't want to have to do the maintenance constantly of moving them over.

I understand that $100 is the upfront lease fee for the first hopper. Does $199 for the second hopper buy it, or is it also an upfront lease fee?Am I correct that $99 buys the Joey so you can activate and deactivate it at will with NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. You'd just pay $7 for each active month or portion thereof.(ANSWER BY SCOTT - The $199 for the second Hopper is an upfront lease fee, if you want to BUY the Hopper it is a MSRP of $499. (I dont see why anyone would want to buy one) And I believe you are correct on the Joey, but if not DISH can let me know. :))
My question is basically this (hopefully I'm following the guidelines) I'm interested in upgrading from a leased VIP722 to 2 Hoppers & 3 Joeys (because my cousin and I want to share programming between the two of us and have 6 tuners in the house and we have a guest bedroom in the house) Would my total cost in lease upgrade fees be $99 for the 1st Hopper & three joeys upgrade + an additional $199 for the 2nd Hopper ? or Is the cost of the total upgrade going to be $99 for the first hopper, then $199 for the second hopper, then $99 for each Joey (which I own the joeys in the end). I guess my question in the end is upgrading from a leased vip722 to two hoppers and three joeys going to cost me $298(plus any taxes) or $595(plus any taxes) Sorry about the confusion on my end and more than likely asking the same question over.

ohioankev said:
My question is basically this (hopefully I'm following the guidelines) I'm interested in upgrading from a leased VIP722 to 2 Hoppers & 3 Joeys (because my cousin and I want to share programming between the two of us and have 6 tuners in the house and we have a guest bedroom in the house) Would my total cost in lease upgrade fees be $99 for the 1st Hopper & three joeys upgrade + an additional $199 for the 2nd Hopper ? or Is the cost of the total upgrade going to be $99 for the first hopper, then $199 for the second hopper, then $99 for each Joey (which I own the joeys in the end). I guess my question in the end is upgrading from a leased vip722 to two hoppers and three joeys going to cost me $298(plus any taxes) or $595(plus any taxes) Sorry about the confusion on my end and more than likely asking the same question over.

If you are an existing customer and want to upgrade to 2 hoppers and 3 joeys you will most likely have to pay $100 for the first hopper, $100 for the second hopper and $0 for the 3 joeys. You may also have to pay a tech visit fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)