Questions about the new XiP Receivers?

Excellent BB. Except... I thought the 813 had no Sling capabilities, and could only support 3 110's.

Excellent BB. Except... I thought the 813 had no Sling capabilities, and could only support 3 110's.
not according to
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/254534-scotts-team-summit-photo-dump.html

specifically
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=64905&d=1304660049

though of course ... not sure if they meant the external sling adapter or something else.. but according to what they initially planned.. it should.

O:) of course when the thing *finally* gets released for all we know it may make toast too! :)

not according to
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/254534-scotts-team-summit-photo-dump.html

specifically
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=64905&d=1304660049

though of course ... not sure if they meant the external sling adapter or something else.. but according to what they initially planned.. it should.
Your 2nd link clearly states "Sling Adapter". I conclude that the 813 has no Sling capabilities any more than my 722 does. BB's EKB states that it's "built in".

AH ... Aplogies.. hadn't looked again at the new info that was put up ... and the "inbuilt" not sure if that was my fault .. like maybe I had not mentioned that I wasn't sure if it were inbuilt or not ....

oh well.. once dish finally puts out specs.. maybe *THEN* we'll have something...

and its funny ... in looking back at Scott's pictures.. he took snaps of the Sling Extender ... so maybe there's hopes for it still to be..

Since the 813/110 will be HD MoCA ... maybe they are finally going to release the sling extender too so that users don't have to replace everything ... and get by with TV2 being HD with an extender..

... in looking back at Scott's pictures.. he took snaps of the Sling Extender ... so maybe there's hopes for it still to be..

Since the 813/110 will be HD MoCA ... maybe they are finally going to release the sling extender too so that users don't have to replace everything ... and get by with TV2 being HD with an extender..

Wasn't it announced that the extender has been abandoned?

I was more referencing that each provider needs to start making a BT remote for their devices.......

BT range is 32 feet. What was the claimed range for UHF?

I am skeptical of BT remotes, yet my PS3 works fine with one.

I think Dish has done a good job of limiting the variety of remotes, at least until recently.

I find it interesting that DirectTV is launching their new receiver.

How long has this receiver been in anticipation?

Yet ... nothing.

Dish is sooo slllooowww with this thing.

Directv has been showing off there's for two years and is now just becoming available.

Dish first showed off the xip in may... However I am hearing it's almost ready now. In fact it's so ready that I know people at Dish who will be getting trained on hopper and Joey in two weeks.

It's going to be an interesting ces.

However I am hearing it's almost ready now. In fact it's so ready that I know people at Dish who will be getting trained on hopper and Joey in two weeks.

Well... This explains why egregious errors in my 722 software go unpatched. Engineers are furiously working the bugs out of the 813. Or is that Hopper? :confused:

BT range is 32 feet. What was the claimed range for UHF?
I am skeptical of BT remotes, yet my PS3 works fine with one.
Class 2 bluetooth was supposed to be 10 meters but has worked at longer ranges, and I wouldn't be surprised if PS3's (as my Wii) if they used Class1 bluetooth - 100 meters (300 or so feet) ... I've been down stairs in the back room and bowled with my wii.. :) (though probably still under 50 feet)

Well... This explains why egregious errors in my 722 software go unpatched. Engineers are furiously working the bugs out of the 813. Or is that Hopper? :confused:
As far as I know the XiP series is being done by the 922 team since the software is almost the same.

Well then it is a doomed concept . Look how well the 922 turned out.:rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong in the software on the 922, they finally got everything stable. I think the difference here is the whole home concept, most people didn't want to up pay alot of $$$ just to upgrade to a new UI, especially since the Sling for 722's ended being basically free.

Can the internet be connected to either the 813 or the 110 client? The way my house is wired, I have a bridge near my TV (where the 110 would be), but not where my coax splits to all of the room outlets.

Ideally, I'd like to have the 813 where the satellite feed comes in, and then feed the signal out to all of my room outlets, with 110 boxes at each TV. If I could then connect one of the 110s to my bridge via Ethernet, and have it "shared" across all of the boxes (813 and 110), that would be sweet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)