Questions about the new XiP Receivers?

Hi all,

I really don't want to go back and read all 54 pages. Not for sure if it has been asked or answered yet. I know the XIP813 has three sat streems in to it. Can you tape three shows why you watch three different channels why they are 3 shows are taping?

Thanks,

John

Hi all,

I really don't want to go back and read all 54 pages. Not for sure if it has been asked or answered yet. I know the XIP813 has three sat streems in to it. Can you tape three shows why you watch three different channels why they are 3 shows are taping?

Thanks,

John
I, being a fan of PIP have wondered if you can watch 3 things at once.....sorry PIP "I find it irritating" or "I've never intentionally used it", people....I couldn't resist.:coffee

BigJohn2 said:
Hi all,

Thanks,

John

I still want to know what kind of technology are the using to stack three sat streams down one trunk. Higher freq range or different stacking scheme...

I still want to know what kind of technology are the using to stack three sat streams down one trunk. Higher freq range or different stacking scheme...
I suspect that chances are pretty good that the XiP813 will have more than one satellite input so that it can work with any manner of dish and stack plan.

Siamesed cabling isn't that much harder to run.

i would think that the xip813 gets fed off the switch to each sat input.

then the client boxes get fed from the 813 via the moca cabling.

but i don't know this with certainty.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

No BT remotes yet :(
I got no boxes my any of my TVs... they are all in 1 closet in the basement. The IR obviously doesn't work.(using IR distribution which sucks anyways). and RF gets less and less penetration (since I started finishing basement). BT would have been nice.... ohh well.. maybe in 15 years they will catch up.

No BT remotes yet :(
I got no boxes my any of my TVs... they are all in 1 closet in the basement. The IR obviously doesn't work.(using IR distribution which sucks anyways). and RF gets less and less penetration (since I started finishing basement). BT would have been nice.... ohh well.. maybe in 15 years they will catch up.

Catch up? Who besides the Sony Playstation and the Roku has a Bluetooth remote?

Catch up? Who besides the Sony Playstation and the Roku has a Bluetooth remote?

Some TVs (ie. Samsung, LG, Sharp.., etc. )have a BT remotes on them also.
Dish would just need 1 remote design for every receiver.
Could have multiple remotes for 1 receiver (ie. I have 4x4 HDMI Matrix that distributes to the whole house.., all my receivers are in the media closet.)
Elimination of LOS IR.

Since I started finishing basement my UHF for 722k stopped working from Master Bedroom. (Frame+Insulation)
I pray Dish figures out that some of us don't want any boxes hanging by TVs.

Dish would just need 1 remote design for every receiver.
Could have multiple remotes for 1 receiver (ie. I have 4x4 HDMI Matrix that distributes to the whole house.., all my receivers are in the media closet.)
Elimination of LOS IR.

Since I started finishing basement my UHF for 722k stopped working from Master Bedroom. (Frame+Insulation)
I pray Dish figures out that some of us don't want any boxes hanging by TVs.

Believe me, I get this. The problem here is that I would think most Dish subs are not like you. Most don't have an AV closet where they have their racks of equipment for the whole house. The UHF distance/penetration problem probably does need to be solved in some way at some point. Maybe BT in place of UHF is that solution as long as the cost is reasonable. I got around it by connecting coax to the receiver's UHF antenna port and then placing the UHF antenna in a more central location to the receivers.

Believe me, I get this. The problem here is that I would think most Dish subs are not like you. Most don't have an AV closet where they have their racks of equipment for the whole house. The UHF distance/penetration problem probably does need to be solved in some way at some point. Maybe BT in place of UHF is that solution as long as the cost is reasonable. I got around it by connecting coax to the receiver's UHF antenna port and then placing the UHF antenna in a more central location to the receivers.

I understand that I am in a minority on this. :), sux!
"Only Dish would know" but I think their manufacturing cost savings would be sizable if they went with just 1 remote for all receivers.
(Depends on the cost of putting BT modules into receivers) or heck even WiFi would help, all receivers have network plugs on them.
I was going to try the coax extension next to hold me over until the drywall goes up.
Wife wants to kill me now, lol.. right now I got Dish remote app on my Xoom tablet but even there Dish in their ingenuity has a half-baked attempt at remote. lol

Found something interesting on remotes:
http://www.fiercewireless.com/press-releases/bluetooth-and-zigbee-set-spur-rf-remote-control-market-217-million-shipment
it does mention Dish + ZigBee RF4CE specification.
Hmmm

Last edited:
Actually, probably the best solution in your situation would be if DISH opened up control of their receivers to HDMI with CEC. Then you could just use the TV remote to control the receiver. OR a work around maybe would be to use the IR to UHF accessory. I'd have to look at mine again, but I think there's a switch on it that lets you select if it's controlling TV1 or TV2. Oh but maybe then you could only control one output via UHF with that since it's screws into the remote antenna port.

Actually, probably the best solution in your situation would be if DISH opened up control of their receivers to HDMI with CEC. Then you could just use the TV remote to control the receiver. OR a work around maybe would be to use the IR to UHF accessory. I'd have to look at mine again, but I think there's a switch on it that lets you select if it's controlling TV1 or TV2. Oh but maybe then you could only control one output via UHF with that since it's screws into the remote antenna port.

IR to UHF is what I am already using. Was fine at ~25ft., but now with insulation and next drywall I have a feeling it will be shortened even more.

I have yet to see a bluetooth remote on a TV. If the standardization isn't any better than it is with IR remotes, I'm not interested.

I can't imagine how one would go about emulating the LG Magic Motion remote in a universal remote package.

I have yet to see a bluetooth remote on a TV. If the standardization isn't any better than it is with IR remotes, I'm not interested.

I can't imagine how one would go about emulating the LG Magic Motion remote in a universal remote package.

I was more referencing that each provider needs to start making a BT remote for their devices.
BTW, LG Magic Motion is nothing new.. Gyration had that years back (for Media Center)... got 2 of them somewhere here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts