Questions for Dish Network

I will let those who came tonight answer most of the questions as I dont have the time to sit in front of the PC at the moment.

...as I dont have the time to sit in front of the PC at the moment.
...he said, sitting, at the moment, in front of his PC... ;)

We're patient, we can wait... Go on, have a good time while we sit here in front of our machines, browsers at the ready, :hungry: for the goodies...

If there's one thing I could take as the theme to this year's Team Summit, it would be that DISH is leaning towards a networked environment with all receivers being connected together. That, and IPTV for Video on Demand.

The impression I got was "end of summer" for the DishOnline stuff. The network stuff will probably be soon after that.

I'd love it (I have 2 622's and a 3meg/512K DSL line).

LER

The impression I got was "end of summer" for the DishOnline stuff. The network stuff will probably be soon after that.

I'd love it (I have 2 622's and a 3meg/512K DSL line).

LER

Also, will these features eventually be added to the 522 ?

I have a 6Mbps/768kbps DSL line, so the VOD over IP wouldn't be a problem.

The guy who was showing it to us (can't think of his name), said that in order to use it on a 1:1 ratio (meaning watching it while downloading it) you'd have to have a 1.5Mbps connection. This is just for SD stuff for now.

I couldn't even imagine the requirement for HD.

If HD is six times the bandwidth then maybe it would be 9 mb per second. Most people do not get those types of speeds at this time.

As the DISH rep put it, for HD content we'd have to start it say the night before and let it download before we start watching it.

What's interesting is they said that the VOD won't be charged to us until we hit the play button the first time.

I've actually been interested in the 612 as well, but from the general lack of interest in it (even in posts on the board here), I've about given up that it will be released. It's been a long time since it was unveiled.

As for the phone line charge...I'm in the same boat but I gave in and pay the fee. Even though the 612 is single output, I believe it is still dual-tuner, so I would expect the phone line requirement would still apply to it, same as the 622. Can't imagine E* passing up on that.
\Dual tuner..single output..
The phone line fee would in theory only apply to recervers designed to output to two tv's.....
To be frank, I think Dish would want to consider waiving the phone line fee to custs that can be verified as having no land line (including VoIP) service..I lose jobs over this.. And I am pretty sick of getting snapped at by pissed off customers..Plus I think it is stupid for Dish to let a New customer go over a lousy 5 bucks a month..Oh yeah, I also think it is stupid for a customer to get all bent out of shape over 60 bucks a year, but some people have to dig their heels in....
Quite honestly there are three things that I care about...Single tv HD DVR's (612) the intro of the DPP33 and seeing sales partners held to the fire for their omissions and outright lies to customers..

\Dual tuner..single output..
The phone line fee would in theory only apply to recervers designed to output to two tv's.....
To be frank, I think Dish would want to consider waiving the phone line fee to custs that can be verified as having no land line (including VoIP) service..I lose jobs over this.. And I am pretty sick of getting snapped at by pissed off customers..Plus I think it is stupid for Dish to let a New customer go over a lousy 5 bucks a month..Oh yeah, I also think it is stupid for a customer to get all bent out of shape over 60 bucks a year, but some people have to dig their heels in....
Quite honestly there are three things that I care about...Single tv HD DVR's (612) the intro of the DPP33 and seeing sales partners held to the fire for their omissions and outright lies to customers..

i am waiting on DPP 33 switch for while, i have tired of running dual lines to dual tuner reciever.

Greensboro HD

When will the Greensboro NC locals be in HD, I was doing fine with OTA until they did whatever it is that they did to the 622 now, the best I get from Dish is 72..

We are looking to take some of your questions to Dallas to ask to the tech guys such as Mark Jackson, Dan Minnick and Dave Kummer. So if you got a technical question please post them here and we will do our best to get them answered.

There is no guarentee however that they will answer any or all of them. But we will try our best!

Lots of questions here. Were they responsive in any way??

I have not read through this, but I was wondering about something that likely has not been asked. What sort of steps are you planning on taking regarding the affiliate program. Step-by-step "this then that" guides for people on no budget, small budget, and large budget. I've currently got my own plan, but I am curious, and always looking for more ideas that may help.

Also, I love the $200 offer, and was wondering if they plan on having any other offers coming up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts