Questions for Dish Network

Like Post # 35 I would like to know if we will be able to get the guide info back for OTA sub-channels. It would be nice to know why they removed the Guide information after having it available for several days. The rumor was that the additional Guide information confused the older receivers. Please tell them that we are willing to pay the $5.00/month for local channels not because we watch the satellite locals but because we use the Guide information. Having a complete Guide that includes the subchannels would be very useful and appreciated.

I agree. We never watch our locals from the Sat. The only reason I pay for them is for the guide info. Those 2 days that I had sub-channel guide info were glorious. I never watch any of those because I don't know what's on them.

I had asked some of these earlier, but I'll try again...

Q: Are there plans to make the DVR content on an account's ViP-series receivers available to other ViP-series receivers via DishCOMM or some other home networking technology (100Base-TX)?

Q: Will the USB ports on a ViP211 ever be used for anything usefull? Say, playback off of a USB 2.0 HDD of content archived from a ViP622 on the same account?

Q: Is it planned (or feasible) to use the OpenTV framework to run Opera, Cameo, or Firefox browser and allow ViP receivers with Ethernet to access the WWW via a Home LAN?

Q: Are there any plans to make ViP receivers available to Media Center or iTunes for music & video content playback?​

Okay, I think that's enough from me.

Technical Question...

Ask them what the glitch is with "Local on the 8s." Advertised as an active feature by DISH in October 2006 and still not working.

I was going to have you ask why they stopped updating the Tech Portal list of planned firmware downloads about a month ago, but I see now that it was updated today.

I would like to ask their HD plans. What new channels do they see themselves adding this year etc? MHD is one i would like to see (even if some say its a waste of time)

-B

QUESTION 1- What are the techincal details of the channel 14,000 (thats 14 thousand) range?

These are the channels with NO Video, only guide data. There used to be hundreds of them mapped down to our OTA digital to give use Guide data.

QUESTION 2- Is there a new Technical solution being worked to put them back? When?

For a while we had Local OTA digital sub channels almost all down mapped. We saw the uplink reports.
Then almost all of them went away.

It is hard to imposible to record DVR events or to know when there is something good to watch on these channels. This effects my PBS HD, MyNetwork TV, and my Independent Station (they are only on Digital sub channels in my area).

Bountykiller, it doesn't seem to be a viable link for me. Firefox timed out trying this URL.

Worked okay this time. Someone had w-a-a-a-y too much time on their hands ;)

Scott can you ask about the DPP 64 switch
With what Scott has posted in the General Assembly notes, we may not need to see more than three satellites.:up

Scott also posted a picture of a DPP 33, but no DPP 64.

Q: Are there plans to make the DVR content on an account's ViP-series receivers available to other ViP-series receivers via DishCOMM or some other home networking technology (100Base-TX)?

Q: Are there any plans to make ViP receivers available to Media Center or iTunes for music & video content playback?

I wonder if the HP media server scott saw in the expo hall is the answer to both of these. I.e they are partnering for the media sharing and extending the hard drives.

hd support for pocketdish?

Will there ever be any firmware for the pocketdish to downconvert HD programs. I really hate having to re-record the program to the pocketdish just to watch the show on it. If there is no firmware, then is dish going to release the updated pocketdish? Thanks

Which Satellite for Alaska HD locals?

Scott,

Is there any indication which satellite(s) will be used for Alaska HD Locals?

The SD locals are currently:

Anchorage - 119
Fairbanks - 110
Juneau - 110