Questions for Mark Cuban?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd like to thank Mr. Cuban for having the forethought and means to bring high definiton programming to those of us who have been waiting for HD since we saw our first HD sets at CES last century. My wife and I have enjoyed the HD versions of the many "second chance" shows like "That's Life", "The Agency", "Hogan's Heroes", "Hack", etc. We also appreciate the "same-day" premere of your production company's movies on HDnet Movie like "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room" and I'm really looking forward to "The World's Fastest Indian" next month. We would need to drive to Chicago to see these movies as they are not picked up by our local theaters.

Mr. Cuban, I have a few questions: 1) Will HDnet Movies be making their original movies available on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD after their theatrical runs?

2) Is HDNet looking at HD reruns of "Start Trek - Enterprise"?

3) Finally, a question I have wanted to ask for the last three years is this: When Columbia was scheduled to land back in 2003, its flight path was right over Dallas. I have wondered why HDNet did not have an HD camera crew out that morning to record Columbia's reentry through the Texas skies?

Thank you for working with Scott and the rest of the SatelliteGuys.US forum to bring better HD Satellite services to the masses.

Mark, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. It means a lot to us.

I want to say I am a regular for your coverage of the NHL, it is the best.

Do you plan to carry the Busch East (formerly North) and West NASCAR series again this year? I really have enjoyed that coverage the past two years.

My wife says thanks for the HD coverage of Summerland, her favorite show.

Keep up the great selection of HD programing, we all enjoy it.

Mr. Cuban,

First off, thanks a ton for the content you provide! Two excellent channels and great programming variety on them!

I too would like to know about any possibility of ST-Enterprise. I assume the other ST variants couldnt be done as they were probably not shot in HD, but if it is possible, that would be a big request for me. Any other good SciFi would be great too! Stargate series (SG1 or Atlantis)????

Another thing, I love the daily 5pm concerts you have on HD net, but is there any chance of repeating the same concert again later in the day (or even real late at night)? Seems like I always miss the beginning of the concert and never get to see it again..

Thanks again for all the great programming, and moreover for actually speaking with your viewers about it and answering their questions!

Someone who might know can answer, if Mark finds it too embarrassing. "The World's Fastest Indian" is a 2929 production. Will it be day and date or in theaters first? Either way I plan to see it in the theater first. I saw you at CES a few years ago. I was there this year and a fellow that I went out saw you. I'm 63 so this is an extremely important question. Does your appearance as someone who looks to be in their early twenties influence your dress or vice versa? In other words is the secret of looking good have to do with genes, jeans, or a wad of cash?:D

Welcome to the forums Mr. Cuban,

My question is will HDNet / HDNet Movies return to C-Band, if so when ?

Thanks for providing the best PQ in HD NHL broadcasts. I look forward to seeing the U2 concert.

Actually, I did have a question that does not look like it has been asked-

Would you mind sharing what kind of setup you have at home for watching HD content? Do you have DLP, LCD, LCOS, plasma etc. In your opinion, what hardware/TV setup has impressed you the most for viewing HD content?

Mavericks in HD

Mr Cuban

I am a big Mavericks fan. Would love to get them in HD. At least maybe the home games. Keep doing a great job on HDNet.

Thanks

Steve

By the way I am #41 on my Church Basketball team.

I am a Wild/T-wolves fan so any chance I can watch the Stars/Mavs kick our a** on HDNet and not have it blacked out in our local market? I think I know the answer but just trying to rile you up. I will trade KG if it helps me get local sports in HD.

Mr. Cuban,
Another big Maverick's fan here...
Maybe you will have better luck getting Time Warner Cable to carry your channels since Comcast is on its last leg here in DFW. I can probably count on one hand the number of Mav games in HD that I have seen in the last few years.
I'm glad you quickly quieted the HD-Lite crowd in this thread. I too get "tired head" everytime some techno geek brings it up.
I have only seen you once in person up close... when you worked the drive thru window at a DQ :D
Mav's games have gotten to expensive for a night's worth of entertainment imo (since I don't qualify for the $10 college tickets!) but I love watching the game tivo'd in about a 1 hour time frame each game night.
MFFL

Last edited:
More WB shows coming? 1080P thoughts?

Mark,

1. Any more shows coming from the WB? Smallville seems to be a big hit, I know you guys added summerland, Like to see supernatural, could care less about the rest of the chic shows! LOL

2. Working for a major retailer 1080P seems to be a big focus even though there is limited content. Have you explored options of selling programming in Blu-Ray/ HD-DVD, WMV, QT? Whats your 1080P comments?

-Chas
OKLAHOMA
PS> Mav's all they way!

Hi Mark,

First time poster. First off, I want to Thank you for all the great programming. HDNet is one of my top 3 favorite channels and definitely my favorite HD channel.

I'll make this short and sweet. I'm a health nut, I love and watch Namaste and Carribean Workout everyday. Fantastic adds. I used to Watch Denise Austin on Lifetime (i'm a Dish TV sub). But have not been able to since Lifetime had their dispute with Dish. My question is I notice that the Altitude Channel has the old GETTING FIT WITH DENISE AUSTIN from her ESPN days in their lineup which was my favorite excercise show of all time.

Any chance you might get Getting Fit on HDNet? that would be fantastic. if not, are there any other fitness shows on the horizon?

Thanks!

Mark, great programming on HDNet. Any chance we can see more IMAX programming?

TheRedknight said:
Welcome to the forums Mr. Cuban,
My question is will HDNet / HDNet Movies return to C-Band, if so when ?Thanks for providing the best PQ in HD NHL broadcasts. I look forward to seeing the U2 concert.

Will HDNet / HDNet Movies return to C-Band, if so when ? Please answer...

Mark,
Myself a Big dish and 4dtv owner. What was your reasoning for going with the PowerVU distribution system rather than going with Digicypher 2 (non-combo format)? Was it that there is not enough 4dtv subscribers to care about? Or was it purely technical and you never even thought about us 4dtv subscribers when you made that decision? Also what are your thoughts on a subscriber based PowerVU consumer receiver becoming available to customers to enable them to receive your broadcast on C-band through a program provider like NPS or SRL? Would you welcome it or would you be against it?
Thank You

Last edited:
Hi Mark

I am new here as of the other day and just got some help to questions I had asked in another forum and saw on the home page that you were to be part of this forum as your time allowed.
I have no questions to ask you but would like you to know that I discovered your blog recently and have been enjoying it ever since.
Thanks for taking the time out in writing it...I am sure there are many others like me who read it but never say anything.
Thank You and best of everything to you and your family.

Mark,

Must HDNet display their name/logo on the screen during movies? The only network that doesn't is HBO. I'm sure your answer is name recognition/marketing, but we already know we are tuned to HDNet. I'm surprised this hasn't come up with the anti-downrezz people. I would think if people are picky about Picture Quality a logo flash would be equally disturbing. Regarding HDLite As long as it looks damn good I could care less what the resolution is. As long as it's widescreen with no compression effects (pixelation). I would however like to see the logo disappear.

I really enjoyed watching The Great Race in HD. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts