Questions for Pansat 9200HD owners

Status
Please reply by conversation.

transco

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 4, 2008
I have a 3 meter C/Ku dish controlled by an old GI 920 receiver plus a motor driven 1M Ku dish (DiSEqC 1.2). I've been using a Traxis DBS3500 receiver for my DVB-S receiver. I need to pull that receiver and connect it to fixed dish for my wife, which leaves me in the market for a new DVB receiver. I'm considering the Pansat 9200HD to add DVB-S2 capability. If I understand it correctly, I need to also buy a DVB-S2 upgrade kit. I'm curious, if extra hardware is required for DBVB-S2, what HD capability does the 9200HD have without it? Anything else I need to buy? This is becoming a major investment and I don't want any suprises after dishing out (no pun intented) all that money. To those of you who have used the 9200HD for some time, do you still feel it is worth the extra money? My satellite range is from 72 deg. West to 129 deg. West. Any idea how many DVB-S2 channels there are in that range?

I don't have a Pansat 9200, but rather a cheap Coolsat 8000 ( newly acquired ) . Reason is there are NO dvb-s2 channels in Ku band over North America. There ARE feeds frequently that are dvb-s2 and 4:2:2 dvb-s2 . Since no typical receiver receives 4:2:2 ( only commercial ones, QualiTV and DVB PCI solutions that are computer based) , I'd be loathe to buy a pricey HD receiver for the little bit that is currently available. If you have to do dvb-s2 now, I'd stay in the $200 range with a Diamond 9000 or Coolsat 8000 from the famous auction site, until the situation matures and maybe more good choices are available.
Ok , now I'm off my soapbox.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)